Anyone have a Waterford Stanley?

Bamhan

Anyone with experience of a Waterford Stanley, particularly the newer models I would love to hear.
Was looking at the new Brandon, costs about 6,700 and is supposed to be wonderful according to the spec. But can they really heat 20 radiators and keep a 2250 sq feet house warm....
Are they worth the costs?
Are they good for cooking.
Any infor please.

I have just ordered the new Brandon and expecting it next week! Won't be in the house for another month but hear great reports on the new model.

I have one of the old ones now for the past twelve years. I love it. It is gas fired, heats the house, the water and cooks all at the same time and for the same price. On the negative side I found Waterford Stanley terrible to deal with. They fob you off to one of their agents if there is a problem, who in turn try to get you to sign up to an expensive yearly service. However I think that they sold out to Aga recently and maybe things have improved.

Mother bought a new Waterford Stanley and has it installed and up and running. However, the guy who installed it says that the temp has to be maintained at 75degrees permanently. So the kitchen is like a hothouse whenever its on and as shes at home all the time, its guzzling oil.
it sounds a bit mad to me that she cant reduce the temp below 75. We're hoping to get the WS man out to commission the range in the next few weeks and we'll ask him whether this is correct. But in the meantime is there anyone out there with a WS Donard that would know if this is actually the case?

I had a Brandon 80 installed in December. I had an older range cooker before that which actually heated the kitchen, whereas I have to turn on the rad with the Stanley. I usally time the oven to come on before I come home so it's a bit warmer but it's not good enough to heat the room. I haven't really explored the whole oven element of things so maybe I'm just missing how to set the temperature.

I find it fantastic for hot water, never had it so hot or in such plentiful supply with my last cooker. Stanley man commissioning was excellent, told the plumber and electrician exactly what to do so I'd get the best out of the cooker. Have a theromstat on cylinder and the circulating pump had to be moved from where it was previously.

I do find it hard to keep clean (because of gloss). I think you can buy a special cleaner, which I will have to purchase. My last cooker was a standalone in the middle of the floor, whereas this one should be boxed in as it has a matt finish to the side and has 2 large bolts at either end, which also get very hot (in case you have kids).

I've cooked a few times in it and overall I have to say I love it. Timers are fantastic - you can set the oven, rads and/or water each to come on at three different times in the day. Stanley man recommended leaving it on 24 hours a day and just controlling it with thermostat but I'm out all day so it was pointless. I left it on all over christmas and I wouldn't think it used that much oil at all. I actually find it economical on oil. Got 1200 litres in September and I still have a half tank. The last cooker was reaching it's best before date and was guzzling oil this year so most of my consumption went on that. I have 11 rads and they are red hot with TRVs set to 3.5.

I looked vaguely at the Rayburn but the Stanley definitely looks nicer.

Are they good for cooking.
Are they worth the costs?

I have a Stanley - its 5 years old but can’t remember what version. It is ideal for heating the house (1700sq'). The only thing that I don’t like about it is that takes over an hour to reach the desired temperature for cooking. Another downside is that you can only fit four saucepans on the hot plate..
I think it is a lot of money for a 1700sq' house but would prob be be better suited to a hosue twice the size