Anyone Have a 3d TV Worth it ?

IrishGunner

Just wondering has anyone bought a 3d TV or 3d ready TV. Looking at getting a new tv in the New Year and was wondering if its worth it getting one of these. I dont watch that much DVD's and the only channel I can see that is 3 d is the new Sky channel. Have a PS3 that plays Blu Ray but not sure if its worth the money buying one of these '3d tv's' ?

Is there a future in it ?

Just wondering has anyone bought a 3d TV or 3d ready TV. Looking at getting a new tv in the New Year and was wondering if its worth it getting one of these. I dont watch that much DVD's and the only channel I can see that is 3 d is the new Sky channel. Have a PS3 that plays Blu Ray but not sure if its worth the money buying one of these '3d tv's' ?

Was looking at these recently and personally i think you would get a headache looking at them that said i think you can revert back to ordinary tv if you dont want to watch 3d all the time.

Depending on the TV you buy, you can get 3D TV's that are very high spec and 3D is just another feature rather than the main reason for buying them. With PS3 as far as i know you can upgrade them for free to make them 3D compatible.
I think in general if you don't watch many movies then 3D isn't for you because in my opinion 3D is best suited for movies as of yet.

i dont think id fancy watching the tv through glass's all the time no matter how good it was

i dont think id fancy watching the tv through glass's all the time no matter how good it was

Glasses are only used when watching a match/movie in 3D. Once you switch it off you watch it as a regular TV.

3D technology has improved, but its still not there yet. I think you get a lot of blurring of fast movement and loss of detail.

I also find I get headachey watching stuff in 3D with the glasses - its a bit of a gimmick.

3D technology has improved, but its still not there yet. I think you get a lot of blurring of fast movement and loss of detail.

I also find I get headachey watching stuff in 3D with the glasses - its a bit of a gimmick.

It really depends on where you watch it. In the cinema I wasn't blown away and prefered 2D, but on one or two TV's it was excellent. The Sony 40" is quite good and the Panasonic 50" also. Both TV's have active shutter glasses and with the Pana being Plasma blur isn't an issue.
There is a real difference in watching with the active shutter glasses and the passive ones (that you use at the cinema).

Got a 3 d tv and just getting use to it. Got a blu ray player also but have PS3 so may sell the player. Have 2 sets of glasses. The tv I got was a Got the deal in Currys. Have only 1 film, Christmas Carol, and the 3d is amazing. Bit weird wearing the glasses. Tried downloading 3 d files and playing them but having no joy on this?. There is discussion on this deal over on AV Forums Had a HD tv and the sound seemed better on this, sound on Samsung bit low but have it hooked up to surround sound so good with that.

Maybe a fad but pleased enough with this so far

Not enough stuff to watch on them yet.

Plus, would never be interested in watching TV with glasses on all the time

Back