Anyone got experience with Powercity Return Policy

Petal

Hi,

I haven't got my receipt at hand and i can't find any info on their webpage, but i bought this tele (see post on dark screen) in Powercity and I'm not happy with the quality of it (there's nothing wrong with the product itself) and would like to return it or probably exchange it for a better model. Does anyone have experience with that? I would think that if I'm not happy with the product I can return it, or am I wrong?

Hi Petal,
See this thread:
http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=83859

for my experiences with them. They were not great to deal with in my experience but the length of time involved would have been less if Id gotten myself up there quicker than I did.

there's nothing wrong with the product itself
As I said in the other thread you certainly have no statutory right to return it. Whether or not they will take it back is their call. I suspect that they would not.

I think what I'll do is I got up to the shop with tele (still have packaging) and tell them I want to return it and buy a more expensive model. This way they dont' lose out and hopefully that strategy will work....
They don't have any major brands up there but they have [broken link removed] one up there and i read good reviews, although I wouldn't be the tele expert as we now all know!

Yeah they have the main brands up there - I bought a Philips up there last week and they definitely had Sony and Samsung too.

They have major brands for tele only, but I want a 19 inch LCD/DVD combi (for my bedroom) and they only had a few models availalbe, namely Nordmende, Walker, Futura, Grundig and Goodmans - I checked their website, too and there are no others listed either - would not consider any of them a major brand, but I'll be educated otherwise if I'm wrong...

I had linked in my first post to the product, I suppose I should have spelt it out...

Powercity keep a record of your details so they should be able to look that up to verify you purchased it from them.

However, you have no right to return if there is nothing wrong with it....you are entirely at their mercy. The fact you have all the packaging and are willing to buy a more expensive one may help, but definately no guarentee.

Well, all I can do is try and learn from the experience, I should have investigated and reviewed the products, I naively assumed that all LCD teles are fancy these days and I thought 350 Euros was expensive enough to get a good product. Nothing but my own fault.... I'll probably do that on saturday so will keep you posted on how I get on with it...

And here's a link to the (other) original post related to that matter if anyone wants to look up the product the link is to DID though as it loads faster.

Hi, If you dont have your reciept your chances arent good. They do have a record of credit card/debit card purchases and may be able to find your product that way. But if you paid cash you will have trouble. Do remember that whoever you speak to is only doing there job and not out to screw you..

Ah, I should have the receipt at home somewhere, just haven't got it on me. But I bought it on their website so still have the confirmation email if the receipt has gone missing, which it shouldn't have...