Anyone got experience with Candy or Hotpoint washer/drier?

Petal

Hi guys,

Thinking of possibly buying either a Candy or Hotpoint washer/drier. They both more or less can do the same, but the Candy is 100 Euros cheaper. The guy in the shop said it was due to Hotpoint having a better and bigger reputation...
Anyone got any experiences with either machines?

Many thanks
Petal

Both are extremely unreliable, the candy more so. They will break your heart. You'd be better off spending an extra fifty or so euro and going for the Whirlpool or Zanussi, you'll save in the long run by not having to take so many days off work waiting for engineers to come out and drain the water stuck in the drum and charge you 60 euro for the privelidge! The whirlpool comes with an eight years parts guarantee, you'll need the guarantee with a washer dryer aswell

I have Hotpoint Fridge/Freezer, Washing machine & a Dryer.
I have never had any trouble with any of them.

I have both a hotpoint washer\dryer and fridge in a house I have let out for the past five years and neither of them has given any trouble.

My mum and sister say stay well clear of Hotpoint. Unfortunately DID was full of it, but I paid the extra for Zanussi etc and hopefully it will save money in the long run.

Back