Anyone from Dublin going to IKEA soon & willing to do me a favour?

frash

Hi,

After three trips up to IKEA my kitchen is finally installed.
Started doing the handles last night & realised to my absolute horror that I'm missing ONE handle for my 35 doors / drawers.

I really can't imagine having to go up for just one handle so if anyone is going up would they be willing to buy one of these.
I'll be able to supply the exact isle & shelf it's on in the self-service section and will drive to anywhere in Dublin to collect it.

Thanks.

Hi,

How soon do you need it? I'm due a trip in the next few weeks and am more than happy to pick up what you need.

You can put me down as a back-up plan in case anyone else can do it sooner!

g

Thanks gnubbit - that'd be great to have you as a back-up if nobody is going sooner.
I've left the least used press without the handle so although it's not urgent I'd like to just get it finished.

Hi Frash,

Was there much of a saving by buying up in IKEA? I presume the Kitchen came flatpacked so did you assemble and fit yourself or did you get an installer to complete the job? I am currently looking at kitchens in places like Cash and carry and Express Kitchens, B&Q etc and was wondering was it worth the trip north? The Kitchen is 3M X 4.3M and am looking at basic Cream/Ivory units with your standard appliances.

Hi Builder_ed.

If you go onto the IKEA website you can download a kitchen planner application which once you put in your room measurements & the presses / counters / appliances required will give you an exact price for your kitchen.

My brother & I installed my kitchen so if you're anyway handy you'll be grand.

If you're going up soon let me know

Have you considered giving IKEA a phone call, and ask them to put it in the post? (pay by credit card)

Have you considered giving IKEA a phone call, and ask them to put it in the post? (pay by credit card)

When you ring the Belfast store you get customer services in England.
The website says they'll only deliver to England or Wales for on-line orders.

Hi Flash... I spent from 10.30am till 9pm in Ikea yesterday to get all our stuff... I have to go up next week to get a sink and a couple of other small items. I would be happy to get your handle for you next week. Private msg me your phone number and I shall ring you tomorrow night (fri). I am also located in Dublin (south).

Ikea (Glasgow) have posted small items like (handles and a missing item from a chair) to me in the past; they had to have my original purchase reference number first though. So they won't do 'new' purchases by mail order but fixing an issue should be ok.

Thanks for the tip but when I ring the IKEA Belfast store I get automatically routed to Customer Services in the UK who tell me there's nothing they can do.

It seems like I've found someone above who is going up next week & willing to get the handle for me so I'm happy enough to go with that solution.

Thanks to all who replied.

Hi Frash, I'm going tomorrow so I'll pick up it up for you then unless you get back to me by morning to tell me not to. I'm in South Dublin and town so we can arrange pick up whenever you want.

Hi Frash, I'm going tomorrow so I'll pick up it up for you then unless you get back to me by morning to tell me not to. I'm in South Dublin and town so we can arrange pick up whenever you want.

I'd hold off on that - he/she seems to have arranged with qbot?

Change of plan anyway - going tomorrow instead. Won't get the handle unless you PM so.

When you ring the Belfast store you get customer services in England.
The website says they'll only deliver to England or Wales for on-line orders.
Have you tried www.saynoto0870.com the have Belfast store listed as 02890395300 or from South 048 90395300. The 0870 and 0845 range of numbers are sometimes used to generate revenue for stores. The 0870 site lists the actual number as opposed to virtual (0870 or 0845 etc)number.