Anyone flown Jet Blue/Aer Lingus Dublin - L.A.?

muffin1973

Hi all,

with the Aer Lingus Dublin-L.A. route gone, I'm looking into alternative ways to get to Los Angeles - I see Jet Blue have partnered with Aer Lingus so you could fly Dublin - New York then New York - Burbank. Has anyone flown this route yet? If so, how did you find it (service etc) and can you check your bags straight through?

Thanks,

M

You can't check bags through to any connecting destination in the US when you have a trans-Atlantic arrival (but they can be tagged to your destination). So you will have to pick your bags up in JFK, bring them through customs and then drop at a baggage belt. AFAIK AL do tag bags for Jetblue destinations so you shouldn't have to check in again just drop the bags and go through security to your new gate.

Haven't flown your particular route but have flown Jetblue before and they were a dream. Leather seats, free soft drinks, food and seat back screens with over 30 channels. Bring the headphones you get on the international flight with you, they are more comfortable than the ones Jetblue give out.

That's great, shesells, thanks. Must say not having to do the 11 hour trip to L.A. is not an unattractive thought! Good to know Jet Blue are good to travel with, I'd never heard of them before.

M

Back