Anyone experiencing problems with AIB app

RichInSpirit

Asking for a workmate. He hasn't been able to access Internet banking on his phone for a couple of weeks now.

I have no problem logging in to AIB from my phone.

A laptop though has a much bigger screen and it’s easier to navigate around the site so I do most of my AIB banking from the laptop.

In my experience since the new 3 step authentication started, I rarely get in to AIB on my laptop on my first attempt, it usually takes 3 attempts sometimes more to get in.

Either nothing arrives to my phone and I get timed out or I get timed out even though I pressed the confirm button or after confirming, authentication is denied for no apparent reason. I do always eventually get in.

Are others having this problem ?

I've recently updated my phone to Android 10. Fingerprint login no longer works on AIB app.
I'm also no longer able to add accounts to QuickPay.
I've reported both issues to their app team.

Either nothing arrives to my phone and I get timed out or I get timed out even though I pressed the confirm button or after confirming, authentication is denied for no apparent reason. I do always eventually get in.

Are others having this problem ?
Yes. And I've never got in on my laptop anymore. I just use the phone at this point.

A laptop though has a much bigger screen and it’s easier to navigate around the site so I do most of my AIB banking from the laptop.

In my experience since the new 3 step authentication started, I rarely get in to AIB on my laptop on my first attempt, it usually takes 3 attempts sometimes more to get in.

I prefer my desktop to my phone as well.

I get timed out as well.

I think that the solution might be to open the app in the phone first and log in.

Then when you are asked to authenticate it should be quicker so you meet the time out deadline. They should probably extend the time out deadline for the initial phase of the move over.

Brendan

Back