Anyone else not able to initiate a new Private Conversation?

Brendan would you mind checking my settings? I don’t see an ability to start a DM/ conversation? I am using a mobile. Thank you in advance.

And there was me thinking that PMing was severely frowned upon, indeed practically banned on AAM.

Just for recommendations. We've had a few businesses contacting users pretending to be satisfied customers in the past.

Last edited by a moderator:
We allow it after 10 posts to stop the "satisfied customers" and downright scammers sending private messages.

But there is a problem with the promotions which I have not been able to get to the bottom of. It's on my to do list.

Brendan

Last edited:
Is there any further issue with PM? I tried to send a message yesterday but I got an error message saying I cant start a conversation with said user. User has not been banned.

Hi tecate

Are you able to start conversations generally? Maybe try starting one with me to check it out.

I am still trying to figure it out.

Brendan

Is there any further issue with PM? I tried to send a message yesterday but I got an error message saying I cant start a conversation with said user. User has not been banned.

It turns out that the user to whom tecate was trying to send a message had his preferences set at "Receive no messages from anyone."

The default is "Receive messages from members only"

Brendan

Back