Anyone else have more than one vote?

H

HotdogsFolks

I get voting cards sent to my current address and my previous addresses. The same is true for a couple of people in my office.

Is this normal? Just apply for a vote at different addresses and you get multiple votes?

Seems very strange...

I'd guess that lots of people have two or more votes. This is the first vote where I've only had one and that's because I took myself off one register to sidestep jury duty a couple of years ago.

I got 2 votes this time around. One for my previous address and one for current address. Both are in the same town so couldn't use both but presume people could if they werein different polling stations and they were so inclined.

I thought the electorate registers were "cleaned up"? Yikes, does this mean we could end up with two Taoiseachs?!?!?

It is illegal to vote more than once, regardless of how many polling cards you get.

Despite my best efforts Dublin City Council insist on keeping me on their electoral register

As a result I have a choice of two areas in which I can vote

What do I have to do to get off the DCC register ?

Perhaps they want to encourage the trend that Big Pat tried to start in Kinsealy a few years ago ? ( "come early, vote often" )

I have two ,wife has three(new address, old one and one in waterford!!!)

Where can you check who is standing in which constituency. Have moved recently and am not even sure which one I am in, and besides some posters in the area I'm not even sure who is running

have two both for new address one in my married and one in real name - both for different polling schools so i really could get 2 votes in if i wanted to!

www.mycandidate.ie

Last edited by a moderator: