Anyone done travel insurance comparisons?

jimjim972

Anyone done an unbiased comparison of all the different travel insurance policies or point me in the right direction? I need to replace because VHI cancelled my Multitrip policy because I cancelled my health insurance with them. I cant believe they are allowed do that as I would have thought it was anti competitive.

AFAIK you can only get travel insurance with VHI if your health insurance is with them, it was always advertised as such so doubt there's any issue with that.

Ours has been with ACE through AIB for the past couple of years. You just missed a 20% off offer that ended yesterday.

Plenty of options out there, depends on where you're going really. As we gotto the US a lot I always ensure that there is at least €2,500,000 medical cover on top of our health insurance. Sounds excessive until you look at what US hospitals charge!

I've had annual travel insurance with Getcover.com for a couple of years now. For what we want (mainly Europe and UK) it's by far the cheapest I could find. Dunno what their claims service is like, but maybe have a look on their website as they do several different policies.

Thanks but I'm specifically looking to see if there are any comparisons out there as some companies are good on policies where there is health insurance taken out, or with /without skiing, repatriation etc.

On the Multitrip VHI front, it is kinda laughable that legislation was passed to make switching to and from VHI, Hibernian and Quinn yet VHI cancel the travel insurance and wont give refund for unused portion of cover. Renewal was June.

I did a comparison here on AAM in October 2007. At that time best was www.getcover.ie - I think they are still the best. I think it was under a thread ''Couple and infant travel insurance - please recommend.'' Am not computer literate enough to post here now but if you do a search you will find a good discussion on this thread.

I'm just in the process of renewing ours a the moment aswell.

I believe Getcover.ie don't cover you for delays on internal flights outside of Ireland. AFAIK anyway.

Back