Anyone done better than 123.ie's €290 fully comp for insurance?

shesells

My renewal is due in a fortnight and got my notice from 123. Fully comp stays at last year's €290 with a €40 admin fee. (04 Focus, 6+ years NCD, Full licence).

To me I can't see how that can be beaten. I spent ages shopping around last year and am loathe to do so again...in a year of increasing premia, should I just take this or has anyone got a better price somewhere else?

It's cheap but tell them to stuff the admin fee- it's a renewal. Talk about the 'Ryanairisation' (soon to appear in wikipedia no doubt) of charges - what's next a credit card fee?

It's cheap but tell them to stuff the admin fee- it's a renewal. Talk about the 'Ryanairisation' (soon to appear in wikipedia no doubt) of charges - what's next a credit card fee?

Agreed, instead of renewing I would make a fresh application using same criteria through their site, that's what I do every year and saves myself the admin fee, I have 3 different policies with them so quite a bit of a saving!

They have an administration fee for new customers too! Not just motor policies but all their insurances according to the list of fees I was sent.

What ever they offer you for the renewal, you can bet this is not their lowest price. They rely on people not shopping around for a better rate when it comes up to their renewal. So just call them up pretend you have had a better offer from....say....Insure.ie (who are very cheap) of say 248 Euro and I am sure they will either match it or offer you something close to it. Works for me every year. (but I dont tend to do some phoning around too).

Just coming back on this...AA beat the 123 total (€330) by just under €20.

Thats good price my ten year old passat 123 wont not quote it.
I got AIG to quote 320 full comp.

These seem great prices.. what excess do you pay in event of accident and have you protected your ncd.

Fully protected NCD and unlimited claims for Windscreen, Fire and Theft won't affect NCD (only 1 claim allowed in 3 years to keep NCD protection with 123). Given the state of the roads and the recession, the chance of glass breakage is higher than ever so glad to have got this with AA.

Also found 123 the best for price.

Along with the above benefits, I also have Breakdown Assist included which including mechanical problems would also cover flat wheel, Locked-in keys, running out of fuel although I would not be that stupid!!

To be honest i wouldn't pass Hibernian Aviva, definitely the cheapest around for me, one thing i will say is read the small print on 123, higher excess?, breakdown assist covered?, windscreen cover?, step back no claims? etc, you can get a fast quote on-line, I wouldn't go anywhere else. I have my husband as a named driver fully comp and my policy is €300. full no claims 1.4 07 car etc.

I had great insurance from FBD but it was too expensive. You can buy anything too dear. I have everything covered on my 123 policy with a saving from €750 to €418, on a big car with a 3200cc engiene.

I had great insurance from FBD but it was too expensive. You can buy anything too dear. I have everything covered on my 123 policy with a saving from €750 to €418, on a big car with a 3200cc engiene.

btw.. whats the car tax on the 3200cc engine?

301.07 with its4women full comp.my husband as named driver. All the extras that count on a 08 toyota Rav 1998cc. 123 wanted a renewal of 368, i ignored the renewal got a call from them and it was brought down to 344. I told them i would think about it, then a second call and down this time to what i paid them last year which was 310, but i switched for the cheaper cover. If they had brought their renewal to me for the 310 they would still have my business.