Anyone coming to Tenerife!!!!!

lyonsie

Hi there everyone in aam land. I came out to Tenerife today and forgot to bring my driving license with me. This means I cannot rent a car, and I had one booked. A faxed copy of it will not do.
Would anyone be coming out in the next day or so. Would someone be able to bring it out with them if so? I appreciate it is a lot to ask but I would be very gratefull. I also forgot the ´sat nav´ and I would love to have that too, but the driving license is the most important.
Using internet cafe´s so will log back frequently to see if anyone can do me this favour.

A person would be taking a big risk to carry anything on an aircraft for a complete stranger.
IMHO it is very unreasonable to ask anyone to do so.

Billo

Fair point Billo. I have a licence and a portable sat-nav of my own and a few days to spare ...

The hire car company usually only take a copy.....would they accept a scan and e-mail ?

This happened to my brother-in-law last summer.
As he was renting from Hertz it was just a matter of me taking his driving licence to Hertz in Dublin who took a copy sorted it out from this end. It was'nt any big problem.

You forgot your driving licence and then forgot your sat-nav. Gawd Lyonsie, stick to the bus before you forget something else.

Oh! Don't forget to enjoy your holiday.

This happened to my brother-in-law last summer.
As he was renting from Hertz it was just a matter of me taking his driving licence to Hertz in Dublin who took a copy sorted it out from this end. It was'nt any big problem.

I've heard of this happening before too - with National I believe ... If your rental is with one of the international operators they may be happy for their office in Ireland to verify the licence if you can get someone to drop it in there ... they check it and then fax a copy of it to their office in Tenerife

Provided your rental is with one of the larger companies it's worth asking about this .. if you're renting with a Spanish company without Irish offices then obviously this don't work.

No, I´m afraid, it is Goldcar. I think they are only spanish. I will never forget it again though. If it was hertz or one of the more international ones I think I could have someone bring it to an office in Ireland. But thanks for your replies. I would never ask anyone to bring a package for me or bring one for anyone either, but someone would only have to look at the license to see it is I.... nothing hidden, drugs etc..... worked for a long time with those kind of people.....