Anyone buy sofas from Argos ?

milly123

Hi everyone,

I'm thinking of buying a sofa from Argos, they have a good deal, i.e. buy a 3 seater get a matching 2 seater free etc.

I would normally prefer to try a sofa first - but would be glad to hear of any body who had experience from buying one.

Thanks,

Milly

I bought one a few years back and sent it back immediately as it was absolute rubbish. Remember you get nothing for free, just two cheap sofas for the price of one good one.

Hi,

I bought a two seater and a 3 seater from Argos almost 3 years ago. They are extremely comfortable but the material colour has faded a lot from the sun (even though they were not in a particularly sunny room) - we have had to buy throws to put over the sofas.

Hope this helps, Triona

We bought 2 couches from Argos about 5yrs ago - got caught out with the lead time from other shops - went looking in August for del in September - told we could have the couch by Christmas! Really shocked so our only option was Argos - 14day delivery. Really disappointed with the couches - poor quality and the backs were very low.

I really think you need to sit on the couch to feel the quality (or lack of) of the material, cushioning, etc.

Make sure you check the dimensions. Some of the photo angles may make the couches seem bigger. Happened to a friend of mine. They were tiny when they arrived!

Also, I suspect all couch manufacturers use petite models too to make them seem larger!

would you buy a car without driving it, a jumper without earing it, a sofa without......?
Take the pic and the price and shop for one somewhere where you can give it a test run!

A friend of mine bought 2 a few years ago - they look the same but one is a sofa bed. Again she was in a hurry for delivery but is very happy with the purchases. One reason she went with them is she could return them within 14 days - so she could see/try them in situ and decide.