Anyone built and living in a Nudura home ?

Re: Nudura

I did check them out in the past... they were one of the better ICF products (the three I would rate are Euromac, Intrgrespec & Nudura)

.. couldn't get anyone to price or build in Cork though except for Euromac which were hugely expensive.

johnjoe.
We built a Nudura home in Dublin. We bought the product and did a self build which was supervised by the company who supplied our product..

The house is extremely efficient heat wise and we are not loosing any heat through the walls or windows for that matter.
Is there any specific you would like to know?

Hi Polo,

The items I have queries on are:-

1) Cost versus traditional Block build
2) Fixing presses, curtain rails etc to walls (is it a problem)
3) Heat in house during the summer
4) External Plastering

JohnJoe.
Sorry about the delay in responding. Here are my responses.
1) Cost versus traditional Block build.
Comparing to a very basic block wall with low grade insulation its about 10-15% dearer. High grade insulation around 5-10% dearer. It is cheeper that block work where there is large window opes and you would have to also intall a ring beam.
2) Fixing presses, curtain rails etc to walls (is it a problem)
Not a real problem as nudua has a web fixing system at 8" centres.You can use frame fixings for other applications. We have installed a kitchen and curtain poles and no problems so far..
3) Heat in house during the summer
We found that with high grade windows the nudura also keeps the heat out and helps maintain a constant temperature in the building.
4) External Plastering.
requires acrylic plasterwork.its on the pricier side of about ?45per m2 for standard colours. But its totally waterproof and you can get a permanent colour in it and you will have no painting.

Polo1,
You say you did self build...was it a blockie who did the ICF for you or yourself?
Who did the external render/plaster?

Back