Anyone brought their kids to imaginosity?

michaelm

Just wondering if any AAMers have brought their kids to [broken link removed], and if so what they thought of it.

if you have smalll kids from 2 -6 its great. My young lad (18 months) loved it. flying around the place for two hours. Highly recommend it

Thanks. Is it just a Play Barn type place or is there more to it? They charge adults in so I'm thinking there must be more to it, their website is not particularly detailed. Did you have to pre-book?

Thanks. Is it just a Play Barn type place or is there more to it? They charge adults in so I'm thinking there must be more to it, their website is not particularly detailed. Did you have to pre-book?

From the website "It's the first of it's kind in Dublin: an interactive museum for children aged 0 to 10 and their families. Based on the concept of “Hands On, Minds On” learning, Imaginosity is a place where creative learning and play connect.

Located in the exciting Beacon South Quarter neighbourhood in Sandyford, the 16,000 Sq. Ft. building incorporates the latest green technologies and is crammed with carefully designed spaces and exhibits that reflect our current knowledge of children’s developmental needs.

It features 8,000 sq. ft. of exhibits including a dramatic two storey climbing structure, an art studio, theatre and performance space and 9 other immersive exhibit galleries.

Imaginosity aims to offer its young visitors a sense of security in knowing that their play and work is truly worthwhile and creative, enabling them to build their own foundation of self confidence, while sharing these experiences with family and friends in an educationally sound and fun environment."

A lot more than a play barn. The website is very detailed -​

Did you have to pre-book?

Yes you need to pre book

Mrs badge has been there twice and liked it - our daughter is 4.5 yrs and she loved it.

couple of issues around restaurant not being open and having to sit outside to eat sandwiches or go across the road to buy stuff.

You only get a specific time period in the place which you have to book in advance so if your finish time does not co-incide with restaurant opening hours then it is tough.

Other than this i understand it is well worth a visit

A lot more than a play barn. The website is very detailed -
Ok, maybe it is, I only skimmed it. I was thinking that maybe it's dominated by the two story 'Climber' which, again I was thinking, was maybe a play barn type structure. Some pictures on their website would be helpful to me.

Ok, maybe it is, I only skimmed it. I was thinking that maybe it's dominated by the two story 'Climber' which, again I was thinking, was maybe a play barn type structure. Some pictures on their website would be helpful to me.

I agree with Michaelm - the website doesn't give you a proper feel for what the activities for kids are like. When I went there the Climber seemed to be ignored by most of the kids.

I have a 2 year old and a 4 year old - 2 year old wasn't pushed (yet still was entertained for the hour or so) but the 4 year old loved it and didn't want to leave.

It's definitely worth a look and a lifesaver on a rainy Saturday morning - but you need to book it.

My kids ( 7 and 4) love it and dont understand why we cant go more.

The climber is only one part of it and is not that big.

There are loads of interesting stuff

There are play areas where the kids can pretend to work - a shop, a restuarant, a building site, a garage, a doctors surgery, all with informative stuff like xrays you can look at and a heart rate monitor.

There is a TV news studio where the kids can pretend to be news reader, a stage with dressing up clothes and an area where you can play at being in a band and watch your self on screen.

There is a soft bouncy area for toddlers and an art room.

Well worth a visit, but as was said before, you do need to book.
Buggies are not allowed, so be prepared.

It's a great place for kids but is pricey and it's the only play centre I've ever been to that parents have to pay into.
Also the little cafe is very expensive. Don't eat there.

Back