anyone been to tanzania?

LB25

I'm travelling to Tanzania later this year. The only embassy in UK which I rang and they said I could get a visa at the airport as I'm coming from a country that doesn't have an embassy. I have a British passport but I'm resident in Ireland. Does this sound about right? Has anyone else travelled to Tanzania and got their visa this way?
Also, I'm going to be doing volunteer work for up to eight weeks. Does this still count as a tourist visa or do I need to ask for a working visa?
Any other tips on Tanzania would be appreciated too, I'm travelling alone and need all the help I can get!

If you are up for it, climbing Kilimanjaro is well worth it. Haven't done it myself but I know a couple of guys who did and they said it was one of the best experiences of their lives

I've been and travelling on an Irish Passport visa is available on arrival for free for tourists anwyay.

I think from memory that other nationalities could also get visa on arrival but you they had to pay varying amounts.

Best to talk to the people you're volunteering for - they will very likely have all the answers you need as they've probably helped people with this lots of times before.