Anyone been to Cascais?

J

jake108

If so, any info would be appreciated. Not into "typical" holiday resorts with Irish bars and happy hours. Prefer somewhere a little bit more chilled with some good restaurants. Saw Cascais on tv a while back and it looked pretty nice but hard to judge if you've never been. Any experiences??

Hi,
I was there a few years ago. It's a really nice place. You can get a regular train into Lisbon and that takes about half an hour. Beautiful beaches nearby, great restaurants, good bars and some nice clubs.
Go for it! I'd definitely recommend it.
LH

I spent a week there two years ago. A lovely place right next door to Estoril. Narrow streets with one dedicated to restaurants but lots of individual restaurants scattered about. The main street is a fairly wide short street, like a bowl with the narrower streets leading down to it. This main street is made up of pubs and pub/restaurants. Big marina area on one side, lovely park, old church with a maze of narrow streets. There is a modern commercial area with huge supermarket to the back of the resort. You can walk from Cascais to Estoril on a promenade dotted with the usual assortment of coffee shops etc. Nice sandy but small beach. A week would be plenty there. There is an Irish bar with rip off prices and there are "happy hours".

Back