Anyone been to any of these 4Star Hotels

daithid2000

Hi,

I was thinking of taking the Mrs away for a nice romantic weekend, and decided to go for a 4 star hotel of some sort. In my searches I can across these three, and was wondering if anyone out there had stayed in any of them and what they though of them.....

• Anthenaeum House Hotel, Waterford
  • Radisson SAS, Sligo
  • Woodstock Hotel, Ennis
Any opinions, good or bad, would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

I was at a wedding in the Radisson in Sligo not so long ago and thought it was really nice (bad food though but it's the same at most weddings). I was staying in the Clarion as the Radisson was booked up and one of the girls who was working at the Radisson reckons the Clarion is nicer. If I was going to Sligo again I'd consider the Radisson.

Haven't been to any of the hotels, but the Radisson Sligo is near Rosses Point, which is a lovely place. Have a meal in Austie's (pricy but excellent) then move to the bar for great atmosphere.

Styaed in the Radisson earlier this year and would defo recommend it. Lovely leisure centre and health spa to pamper yourselves. Had dinner in the restaurant and found the food/service really excellent. The breakfast buffet was also very good witha huge range of hot & cold food. It's on the road to Rosses Point and has great views out over Sligo Bay.

I agree on the Radisson in Sligo. Stayed there earlier in the year and it was very luxurious. I was on a business trip and was sorry I couldn't spend more time in the hotel!

Hi Daithi, I stayed in the Athenaeum last year. It's a class spot, would definitely recommend it. We were a bit flush at the time so got one of the suites, which are huge and very nicely decorated, with open fire, jacuzzi and everything. The restaurant is of a very high standard as well.

It's not a huge hotel so I felt it had a real personal touch to it - we were chatting with the owner Stan Power who seemed like a nice guy and as far as I could see was making an effort to talk to most of the people staying there. Highly recommended - we're saving up for a return visit!

I stayed in the Woodstock in Ennis. Its a gorgeous Hotel, and very luxurious. It is a couple of miles outside Ennis though. I would definately recommend it, it has a pool etc, very nice restaurant & bar. Nice location & well kept grounds. Definately one to consider.

Back