Anyone been to a wedding in the Station House Hotel in Meath

Ciaraella

Hi all,

looking into having our wedding at the station house hotel in Meath, looks very cute and quirky. Has anyone been to a wedding there or even just stayed there?

Have heard weddings are lovely in it.

Had lunch there once about 3-4 years ago and can safely say it was the worst thing I have ever had.

Likewise, had a meal there a few years ago, over priced and awful food/ambience etc . I have heard that the weddings are good, mainly though because of the setting, nice buildings etc. Depending on when your wedding is, I would have a look at the killeen castle hotel (very close to station house) (not open yet ) but taking booking for 2010 weddings - this is a spectacular setting and looks like it's going to be a fine hotel. For something quirky in the same area try Bellinter House, boutique hotel/private house, fine dining, looks amazing, nice setting, close to station house hotel as well and I heard the food is amazing. ps ( no connection to this place, considered it for my own wedding)

http://www.bellinterhouse.com/

Thanks for the replies folks, disappointed to here the bad experiences as i was quite excited about the place! a good bit more reasearch to be done i think!

I was there for a wedding 2 years ago and thought it was fantastic, the food was also excellent.

I was at a wedding there a couple of years ago. It was just before christmas and I would have to say that I have never been at a wedding with a better atmosphere. It was the most appalling wet day = it never stopped but nobody even noticed. I thought the function room was fab and the meal was excellent.

The wedding couple got to stay in the signal box - a nice touch.

I really thought it was lovely. I'd certainly look into it.

Went to a wedding there last year, and it was lovely. Luckily had one of the few sunny days in the year! Grounds were beautiful, food was nice, service seemed good. It really only suits small numbers though.

Im involved with a wedding band and have played there many times. One of the few places that the atmosphere is always brilliant and staff are friendly (be surprised amount of places where staff arent). If youve been there youll know its not the biggest, so if youre having not too many more then 100 guests, Id recommend it.

I havent eaten at a wedding there but have had dinner in the restaraunt twice in the last year or so and couldnt speak highly enough of it.

The Station House is a fantastic venue for a wedding. Atmosphere is great, the grounds are beautiful, the drive to the hotel is scenic and not to far from Dublin city. There are two B&Bs in Kilmessan that take over-flow guest rooms at a fraction of the room price in hotel. Pheasants Run B&B is really beautiful and the owners are so nice.

Back