Anyone affected by Aer Lingus work to rule?

muffin1973

Hi all

need to fly to Prague this week, looking at the news Aer Lingus staff are on a 'work to rule' at the moment. Have anyone's flights been affected by this?

thanks

Muffin

The cynical view is that where there are flights that operate to a destination within a few hours coach/train distance of another Lingus destination, or if there a few flights per day to the same destination - and especially if flights are halfempty , then Aer Lingus will merge flights using Impact's action as an excuse.

Today Boston was cnx and pax were offered seats on the N.Y. flight with onward bus tickets to Boston . Result - Lingus filled one trabns-atlantic flight and saved the cost of the other except for the price of local coach hire. So it is alleged.

I have no idea whether this cyncial opinion is justified.

It would be interesting to see if there are merging of flights due to proximity of destinations, or merging of flights to the same destination when there are two or more flights a day. In which case Aer Lingus will save a lot of money during this low season travel period.

Most pax will accept a flight and onward bus/train rather than waiting a day for a direct flight, even with board and accommodation offered.

So Prague,eh? depends on how full the flight is, what are near lingus destiantions etc

My flight to Manchester yesterday went ahead but the preceding flight was cancelled, result was my flight was pretty full which was surprising as when I checked in online I had the pick of seats to choose from.

My flight back this morning was operated by Ryanair, so you had the mad sight of 2 Ryanair planes leaving Manchester within 5 minutes of each other to go to Dublin. No idea how full the Ryanair flight was but the "Aer Lingus" one was by no means full.

I flew back from London at 18.30 on Wednesday and it was full. I think that the 19.30 flight was cancelled and the 20.30 flight went ahead. So I guess that they offered people on the 19.30 flight the option of going an hour earlier or an hour later. So I don't think that people were inconvenienced very much.

Brendan