Anybody using Thermia Geothermal System?

Hi

I have just sent off my plans to get a quote on a Thermia Geothermal system. I have seen the one in use in the agent's house and of course he finds it great. It seems good, but has anyone been running one, have you had any problems and how efficient do you think it is. Most of all are you happy with it?

My agent suggests not to use solar panels as the cost of heating the water with the thermia system is so low?

thanks

Hi 383838, welcome to AAM. Thermia have been mentioned a number of times in the past here including these two threads. There are a couple of other mentions, the search facility will help you find those.
Leo

Get more details from him about the running costs

I have a Neura geothermal 22KW heatpump for underfloor heating and a small 300watt ( i think ) geothermal heatpump for heating the water cylinder.

At 300 watts it costs the same as having five 60 watt lights on all night at night rate electricity ( approx 30 cent per night ) to heat all the hot water we can use.

Our house heating cost circa 200 per month last winter to heat 400 sq metres to 21 deg celcius but our house is very well insulated and was very warm all winter with no draughts or cold spots

As well as getting references I would ask this guy to spell out the power usage of his system and then make a decision.

Also recommend running insulated pipes from cylinder to roof in case you ever want to install solar panels. Also run a cable from the roof area to the fuse board / RCB and a spare one from the RCB to the meter box incase you ever install photovoltaic or other system to generate electricity