Anybody installed a log gasification boiler?

R

RichW

Has anyone put a log gasification boiler into there home. i'm researching these at the moment and hoping to put one in as our heating system . i'm finding huge variation in prices. can anyone provide any recommendations or feedback on the effectiveness off these boilers as the heating system.

Only read up on them briefly so I don't know of their effectiveness - am I right in thinking though that during the heading season that you need to prepare to load manually once or twice a day?

i'm finding huge variation in prices.

Hi RichW

I’m thinking about going down this path myself, but im in the early stages of researching them
What is the size of system you intend looking using, and what kind of money is involved?
From anything ive read about these systems there very efficient, especially when incorporated with a solar panel.

Thanks

ninsaga - to answer your question yes you have to manually load the boiler once a day with timber and depending on the efficiency of the burner and the size of the fuel box you may have to put in a second load.

Mr Tayto- we are looking at a 25-30Kw, one company were offering for the boiler for €3,500 plus VAT and the other company quoted €12,000 including VAT. Most of the boilers I've come across are imported from scandanavia or europe and I doubt they are paying 12k for the boiler. i've plenty timber so the system would suit me but i dont know anyone who has the system and before installing it would be good to get some feedback. obviously the companies all say its efficient but there's nothing like customer feedback. we're looking to install soon.