Any tips when I am in Liverpool city

faolteam

Liverpool Tourism question
i am going to liverpool and i wanted to visit Anfield from the City Centre what would you recommend i take a bus or a Taxi there is 3 of us, how much are they???

also what attractions and shopping areas would you recommend as well as food establishments please

thank you

Taxi, around 5/6 GBP from city centre.

Other attractions to see would be Goodison (few mins walk from Anfield), Beatles (Matthew St & Albert Dock, tour), Albert Dock in general.

China Town, the Walker Gallery, Concert square - few good bars. I didnt do Matthew St. Albert Dock has a few nice bars as well.

Buses 26 & 17 from Paradise Street or Queens Square get you to Anfield. £1.25 each way. A taxi will cost about £6/7

If you are looking for a good night out, the best place to go is the Wood Street area (and adjacent/parallel streets). Absolutely hopping on Friday and Saturday nights. Matthew Street is also quite good but I would prefer Wood Street. The Cavern Club is in Matthew Street if you are into the Beatles

In addtition to what the others said, there is the Ferry on the Mersey (which I really didn't think was that great) and the Blue Aquarium in Ellsmere Port which is south of the city where you can actually scuba dive with sharks in the tanks if you want

taxi to anfield in 10 min for about £12 between you

I think Mathew St for bars is the best

The National History Museum is very good....great place to walk off a hangover

Chinatown for food and Bella Italia on Ranelagh St

There is also a very good Indian in the city centre but I cant remember the name or the street but its near Concert Square

Don't forget Angels after midnight....

You don't mention when you're going but Liverpool John Lennon airport has been closed until further notice!

two questions

when your using the local buses do u have to have correct fare and also what is the main street in liverpool called like princes street is edingburgh city o'connell street is dublin city ????

i think John lennon airport is open again ????????

It is open but there were still flight cancellations yesteday, a lot of Ryanair flights, keep an eye on their website for updates.

Only ever used the bus over there once so not sure about correct fares but I wouldn't think so

from what I remember the main shoppoing area is Hanover St

If you're going to Anfield you should do the guided tour to make it worth your while. Need to book in advance. They have a good museum too.

There is no real city centre street of Liverpool. The area around Bold Street, Hanover Street, Queens Square, Victoria Street would probably be considered the city centre.

Got a bus from Anfield a few months back and they filled the upstairs up first -seating and people standing the full length upstairs -totally against health and safety -it was express and we couldnt get off -if this is what private buses mean i'll stick with Dublin Bus thank you very much.

I cant really remember where exactly it is but there is John Aldridge's bar called Aldos. I watched the Liverpool v Westham FA CUP Final there on a stag a couple of years ago. The atmosphere was electric if not a bit frightening to see how hardcore these fans become when Liverpool play.

I cant really remember where exactly it is but there is John Aldridge's bar called Aldos.

You can find Aldos on Victoria street. Most lively spots around Mathew Street and Concert Square. Any cabbie will take you there for about 3 or 4 pound, short walk but the one way systems are confusing, well for me at least.