any tilers who could answer my questions??

deanwood

I need to tile my house but I need to buy all the grout etc but I am not sure what quantity I will need.
This is the list below of tiles and amounts that I bought to help anyone who might know
8.4 yards for the kitchen
4 yards for tiles around sinks oven etc for kitchen
3.6 yards for downstairs bathroom floor
9.5 yards for around bath area in main bathroom
5 yards for floor for main bathroom
12 borders for bathroom
2 yards for ensuite bathroom
9 yards for shower area for bathroom
9 borders for ensuite
Thanks for all your help I think if I go to a tile place that they will give me a lot more than I need!!!
and cause I have never done this before I would probably be ripped off!!!

I think if I go to a tile place that they will give me a lot more than I need!!!
and cause I have never done this before I would probably be ripped off!!!

Any decent supplier will probably give you a refund on unopened unused grout. Even somewhere like B&Q will do that. If you don't get a knowledgable answer from a tiling expert here, ask in the shop, and ask if they'll take provide a full refund on unopened unused containers with proof of purchase. They won't want to send you away with too little (it's hideously frustrating to run out of something mid-job and to have to go and buy more!), but if they want your business, they'll advise you appropriately.

If they don't agree that a refund on excess supply is reasonable, then perhaps it's a bad idea to do business with them...

Ring a few tile shops giving them the details and see which amount is duplicated which will probably give you an indication.

As mentioned above most reputable suppliers these days will give you a refund on unopened packs with appropriate docket/receipt as proof of payment.

Hello,materials needed for above tiles.I presume main bathroom and ensuite are upstairs on timber floor.Floor should be WBP screwed down every 10 inch's.For timber floor you need flexible adhesive.On the walls its best use poweder wall adhesive (NOT RAPID SET) rather than bucket adhesive.A lot better quality for a few euro more.Not all tile shops sell powder wall adhesive. Tubs and tiles will stock it.

1. Kitchen floor and downstairs bathroom floor - Two 20kg bags of rapid set adhesive. (one bag does 6 yards)
2. Bathroom and ensuite floor - Two 20kg bags of flexible rapid set adhesive.
3. Kitchen wall/above bath and shower wall - Three 20 kg bags of poweder wall adhesive.(one bag does 8 yards). Tubs and Tiles brand is Dunlop wall and floor adhesive in a blue bag.
4. 10 kg of white grout. (1 kg does 4 yards)
5. 10 kg of grey grout. ( 1 kg does 2 yards)

Follow these amounts and you wont go wrong.

C S

Back