Any suggestions for FTB around €320,000

damien60

Well this site seems to be a wealth of information... Is there anywhere anyone would reccommend for a FTB around the price range of €320k? Dublin area.....Miracles do happen!

One bed apartments around Sandyford/Stepaside area - theres a one bed in aiken's village for €300k and a one bed in sandyford view for €320k. They will prob both go for higher figures but its a good location with improving transport links and a good address.

Try www.myhome.ie, click on north south etc of Dublin, but not on any specific area, you can put in the price range then that you are looking for

I have only one word - Swords!

Good facilities in the vicinity and will some day have the Metro.

southsideboy said:
One bed apartments around Sandyford/Stepaside area - theres a one bed in aiken's village for €300k and a one bed in sandyford view for €320k. They will prob both go for higher figures but its a good location with improving transport links and a good address.

This area has a hopeless transport system and until the bus service is privatised like abroad it will stay that way and with Martin 'I do nothing at all' Cullen in there there is no chance of anything changing, the Luas is already like a train in Bombay morning noon and night and it doesn't go anywhere near Stepaside! I think you would be mad to buy there its not value for money in fact no house in Ireland is value for money you'd be better off buying abroad, probably even moving abroad for the quality of life (why would anyone stay in Dublin now, unless they had to its getting so overcrowded its not funny anymore, Grafton Street is as congested as any street I've seen anywhere in the world)

Rant over I'm buying abroad waiting for the bad news I predict in the next two years at latest, IMHO (for home-owners who have bought their house as an investment that is

I definitely disagree about Stepaside/Sandyford. As somebody who has made about €50k on an apartment which I've bought of the plans in the area it is clear that prices are rising fast. The new LUAS stations at Glencairn and Kilgobbin are the first planned under Transport 21 and these will add majorly to values in the area. When i was looking around there really wasn't anywhere else which I would have considered buying. Yes I could have bought a 3 or 4 bed house in one of these new 'villages' on the outskirts of West or North Dublin but realistically putting a new name on an area with a history of drug crime etc. and surrounded by rough estates won't help. The Stepaside area is one of the last few good addresses on the Southside that is affordable for first time buyers so I wouldn't rule it out. But really for a €320k budget is probably is now unaffordable.

Got a ReMax brochure in the door yesterday which had a few second hand homes in the €320K bracket - e.g. Cabra, Broadstone etc.

There are 2 bed apartments in Palmerstown that are going for around €315k at the minute.

Close to town and just about on the right side of the M50...

SL55AMG wrote "just about on the right side of the M50..."

As Opposed to the left side of the M50??????

TheBlock said:
SL55AMG wrote "just about on the right side of the M50..."

As Opposed to the left side of the M50??????

The right side for getting into town without growing old in the car!

Also on the right side as you head north on the M50!

This house in Ardmor, Tallaght is located nearer to Citywest, but cheaper than any of the newer developments up there. The proposed Luas Extension will run parallel to this estate, with a stop in Ardmor with Good access to N81 and N7.
Definitely worth a view!

moesha said:
[broken link removed]

Check this out. Its just what your looking for!!!!!!

My first house was in that estate!! Unbelieveable how much it has gone up in value since it was built in 1998, they are a nice solid house, timber framed but very good level of insulation with an excellent level of soundproofing compared to block built house.

Also the bedrooms are a very good size, having said that I've hear since we moved that the estate across from it, Russell Square has its fair share of problems but Swiftbrook itself was always fairly quiet.

Long term I'd say the area will certainly improve especially with the proposed Luas extension to citywest and the new shopping centre (again at citywest), there's also a swimming pool being built nearby - have to say looking back I kinda miss my old house looking at that link!

Just to add Celbridge although in Kildare but very close to Dublin has some older small 3 beds for approx 315-320 in the Castletown estate....apart from that would be stumped to think of anywhere else in Dublin or very close for 320!

If you don't mind getting the train in to town, and like sand, sea and sun (occasionally) checkout Laytown - calm and scenic!

Back