Any suggestions for a good Vienna Hotel?

almo

We're heading up for meetings in 10days and I was trying to find reasonable and central digs. Always stayed outside the city before so it's new to me.

Stayed in the NH Belvedere recently. Ten minutes walk from city centre, huge rooms with air conditioning, great breakfast, great toilitries including toothbrush and toothpaste etc

Last spring we stayed in Prinz Eugen hotel (3 star) just across road from Sudbahnhof railway station.
The train to Bratislava departs from this station.
You can get underground from there to anywhere around city and there are tram lines close bye.

It is about 20/25 minute walk into the heart of the city centre. Also you are right next door to Belvedere palace and gardens which if open make a very enjoyable way of walking into city centre.

Hotel is fine but beware they water the orange juice at breakfast.

These both sound great, but what are the prices, especially if one waters it's juices.

Even though I was only there in September I can't remember how much I paid. I booked it through hotels. A quick check and I see that it is not presently available but I think it was circa €80 for a double including breakfast. If you check they will give you prices. However check [broken link removed] www.octopustravel.com [broken link removed] As Aer Lingus fly there they may also have it on their hotels website.

We stay in the Hotel Kummer which is listed as a 3 star but more like a 4 star. It is exremely central (located on Mariahilfer Strasse) and we get a double room for around €80 incl breakfast. We are generally there in Feb / March. The rooms are quite big - bigger again if you ask for a corner room! Staff are helpful & speak good English

valc

Stayed in the Radisson in Vienna a couple of years ago, great location (reasonable walking distance to everywhere), lovely hotel (not your usual generic Radisson, it actually felt like you were in Vienna, if you know what I mean!). Got a great deal at the time (around Easter), check out their current prices.

Back