Any recommendations for ceramic hobs?

jccf2003

I'm not quite sure what to look for other than energy consumption & price - any suggestions welcome!! Thanks :)

If you like cooking, and have the space, get a big one. We have an 80cm wide Neff 1872 and absolutely love it. It still looks as good as the day we got it too - 7 years ago.

some info.

Unfortunately, space is an issue :( I take it that you were pleased with Neff though? Thanks :)

I have a bosch and I love it. Total flat surface to clean. Used everyday and still looks the same as the day it arrived - (over 6 years ago) I also have a bosch eye-level double oven and its brill as well.

Hi
I have a belling ceramic hob and its brilliant. Just make sure to clean properly after each use and it will stay as good as new

Have to agree with all above. Far easier to maintain than the alternatives. Punch ceramic hob cleaner is excellent for cleaning 'em

I got a De Detrich induction hob, and it's class. Paid a few bob more for it but it's the dogs. Do yourself a favout & at least check it out before getting the regular one.

BlueSpud said:
I got a De Detrich induction hob, and it's class. Paid a few bob more for it but it's the dogs. Do yourself a favout & at least check it out before getting the regular one.

Hi Bluespud,

I got De Dietrich also but not induction. If memory serves me well the induction requires special pots and sounded like too much hassle to me when I was buying?

Avoid Creda (concept solarglo). Ours gave problems after a few years.

Rgds
Billo

Aileenb said:
Hi
I have a belling ceramic hob and its brilliant. Just make sure to clean properly after each use and it will stay as good as new

I agree, the belling hob is great.

Another fan of the induction hob- yes you might need some new pots (fortunately we didn't- check with a magnet- if it sticks, they are OK) but it is so great- quick and controllable, ours has a timer and sixteen different heat settings, so even I cant burn things..... if you cook a lot, really worth getting one in my view- pricey enough mind.

Very happy with our Neff hob. Has never given any trouble ... other than when I smashed the glass on it ... but was easily repaired. Very easy to clean. Has a boil over function that shuts it off if stuff boils over. Expensive but worth it ... especially if you use it daily.

Back