Any recomendations for a hotel in Madrid?

Re: any recomendations for a hotel in Madrid

Use the search function to look for previous threads on Madrid.

bruce wayne said:
Heading to Madrid in May, any recomendations for a good central hotel ?

What area are you looking for? Central Madrid can be expensive if staying in a hotel. As i'm from there I can help you with the area. May might be very busy time, as there are two bankholidays in Madrid, and as far as I remember, bullfighting season and the end of "La Liga" (soccer premiership)...NH hotels have hotels almost everywhere, and reasonable price....starting at €60 approx.

I stayed in the HH Campomanes (now renamed the Hotel Mario) in Sept 2004 which was excellent. It's a medium sized boutique-style hotel right in the middle of town, about 150m from Puerta del Sol. It was popular with the early 30's urban-chic crowd.

The hotel and rooms were nicely done (think Wallpaper* style) and looked a lot more expensive than the very reasonable €99 per night.

Admittedly it's not a hotel for everybody, but it is a bit more interesting than your standard 3 star business hotel.

The restaurant next door (La Viuda Blanca) was excellent, and didn't bat an eyelid when we turned up at 9pm with a 1 year old in tow.

Have a look here: [broken link removed]

I stayed at the Hotel Quo Puerta Del Sol in March last year:
http://www.epoquehotels.com/h.php/madrid-hotels/boutique-hotel/h/quopuertadelsol/l/en/
Was really nice small boutique hotel. Very modern and extremely central. Got a good deal too online with [broken link removed]
Think it was about €600 for 5 nights at the time

Rated no. 3 on Trip Advisor (www.tripadvisor.com)!!! (which I always check when booking hotels)

I stayed in the Hotel Intur Palcio San Martin last year. It is located in the center of Madrid next to the Convento de las Descalzas Reales, in the Plaza de San Martín, a few meters from the Plaza Mayor, Palacio Real and the Teatro de la Opera and Puerta del Sol.
You could also check out the following 2 sites
. This has great deals for bookings within 21 days of departure.
. This site has great reviews for hotels and cities all over the world, so if you find a hotel, you could check out what other people have thought of their stay.

Back