Any problems with extendable dining tables?

Toby

I'm considering buying an oak dining table that extends from about 180cm to 240cm. Just wondering if anyone has had problems with extendable tables - do they jam, fall apart, can kids catch fingers in them etc. Thanks.

I'm considering buying an oak dining table that extends from about 180cm to 240cm. Just wondering if anyone has had problems with extendable tables - do they jam, fall apart, can kids catch fingers in them etc. Thanks.
Have a Rossmore dining table that extends and find it great for a large family dinner. No problems with it jamming when opening or closing but yes you do need to be very carefull with the little fingers. I find the ends can slide together a bit too quick at times so you need to be vigilant !!

Ours has a section that is hinged and opens up from the centre which presumably is the norm? After it opens up it is locked in place underneath with hooks which would mean that it cannot catch little fingers if locked properly.

So suppose it is a question of ensuring that it is well made.

We bought a Callgaris motion a few years ago ... because it was so easy to extend ... you just pull one side which moves both ends together and the centre pops up ... there's all sort of mechanics underneath but it's lovely.

Back