Any opinions on Ulster Bank Credit Card?

skrooge

Thinking of switiching my credit card to Ulster bank. Like the idea of not having to pay €40 stamp duty...albeit next year. But I was wondering what peoples experience have been? I'd be switching from an NIB Visa card. My current a/c will remain with NIB. Can I still use UL internet banking? has anyone had any issues paying off balance from a non-UL current a/c? etc.

I could qualify for a zinc card but is it worth it??

TY

Thinking of switiching my credit card to Ulster bank. Like the idea of not having to pay €40 stamp duty...albeit next year. But I was wondering what peoples experience have been? I'd be switching from an NIB Visa card. My current a/c will remain with NIB. Can I still use UL internet banking? has anyone had any issues paying off balance from a non-UL current a/c? etc.

I could qualify for a zinc card but is it worth it??

TY

Zinc card is mastercard only and there can be problems with this in some parts of the world. UB offer a Visa card option too although zinc card gets you automatic 5K balance.
Application can take a couple of weeks to go through...I'd say a month or so. I use UB account to pay my visa bill online via online banking. I have UB account anyway but there are lots of ways to pay. Hope this helps.

I know this is a minor point but the numbers on my UB Zinc card are practically illegible. This is due to the crazy metallic artwork on the card.

Thanks guys. Think I'll go with the visa card. I can't see any difference between them but I think visa is more widely accepted internationally.

I'm relieved to hear only minor complaints. Hope it’s true or is it AAM is getting complacent?!!:D

Briefly tried out the Zinc card a couple of years ago. Had to abandon due to diabolical UB internet banking. I understand it has improved since but from what I hear it is still far behind the better systems (AIB, NIB).
At the time you could not view CC transactions online!!!!

Back