Any opinions on the Hyundai Tucson?

There is rarely reason to buy anything fancier than a Dacia Duster but most do
Sure, if you want a 4X4 but if you want a good value car with plenty of room, a low cost of ownership and, crucially, a nice driving experience, then there are better options in saloon cars.

Suv crossovers are no more expensive than a saloon in most cases
An SUV Crossover. Is that a 2 wheel drive car made to look like a 4X4?

There is some practicality to the taller load space of a 4x4 or 2wd cross-over as most of these are. If you regularly need to carry taller loads that won't fit in a saloon and don't want the length of an estate car, they can be a good compromise.
True, but if you are doing the shopping and dropping the kids to school with the occasional long journey a saloon car is a better option (unless you want a high driving position).

Sure, if you want a 4X4 but if you want a good value car with plenty of room, a low cost of ownership and, crucially, a nice driving experience, then there are better options in saloon cars.

An SUV Crossover. Is that a 2 wheel drive car made to look like a 4X4?

Most SUVs are poor substitutes for a real 4wd like a Toyota landcruiser but it doesn't stop consumers wanting a high driving position

Not going to change anytime soon

True, but if you are doing the shopping and dropping the kids to school with the occasional long journey a saloon car is a better option (unless you want a high driving position).

Many of the smaller SUVs might actually struggle to take a family's weekly shop without resorting to putting stuff in the passenger cabin, so they don't excel there. However, if the kids are small, ease of getting them into higher car seats is a factor, talk to anyone with a bad back who has to strap a child into a low saloon seat on a regular basis.

Higher ride is better than a saloon over speed bumps and poor road surfaces, and I find the more upright seating position more comfortable over longer journeys. They are less efficient, so that is a factor if you're doing high mileage, and they fail completely if you do a lot of mileage pushing hard on bad roads where a saloon's better handling will allow you take the corners that bit faster.

I hadn't thought of the kids in and out of the back bit. That's definitely a plus with an SUV.
The road clearance on some SUVs is so low that I don't see the advantage over a 4 wheel drive saloon for off road, snow or clearing speed ramps.

Would appreciate any opinions on the Hyundai Tucson please?
They seem to be very good value. About 5 grand of a difference for same year on a Ford.
Looking for a car that will comfortably fit 3 teenagers in the back seat.
Have always gone for Ford but considering a change.
TIA.

I have one a few years now and absolutely love it. Love the high seating aspect and now hate driving in low saloons that other family members have :)

Would definitely recommend it and feel that it would definitely cope with 3 teenagers in the back.

We got a few different prices when looking to do a trade-in and found Fairview Motors at that time were the best value (no association, just a satisfied customer).

Thanks all for the replies, very helpful. Drove one today & liked it but had one of the smaller teens in the back & they found the windows high up & had to stretch to see out. Anyone find this a issue? A small concern I know

Thanks all for the replies, very helpful. Drove one today & liked it but had one of the smaller teens in the back & they found the windows high up & had to stretch to see out. Anyone find this a issue? A small concern I know

They'll soon grow up! :D

Back