Any opinions on the Hyundai Tucson?

Dace69

Would appreciate any opinions on the Hyundai Tucson please?
They seem to be very good value. About 5 grand of a difference for same year on a Ford.
Looking for a car that will comfortably fit 3 teenagers in the back seat.
Have always gone for Ford but considering a change.
TIA.

Don't have one myself, but there is a good sales record with them. You can check the reviews here. Might be best to hear first hand from owners on AAM though. :)

You coming from Ford Kuga? Have you taken the Tucson for a test drive?

Yes took it for a test drive. Very nice to drive albeit the interior is a bit cheap looking - hence the price I guess.

The Ateca is a smaller car, the Tucson was the best selling car in Ireland last year so should be in the toss up if you are after an suv and do the mileage for diesel.

The Ateca is a smaller car, the Tucson was the best selling car in Ireland last year so should be in the toss up if you are after an suv and do the mileage for diesel.

Both are in the same class but perhaps you are right in saying that the tucson is bigger, it's indeed the best selling car so a good choice, hyundai are very reliable

I just think that the ateca is a very nice small suv

I would second that question. Why are so many people going for SUVs, what is wrong with a saloon? A Ford Mondeo or Skoda Superb would have plenty of room for 3 teenagers in the back and are quite a bit cheaper than most SUVs.

Some people like a higher driving position, nothing wrong with saloons, just a different experience in an suv

A Skoda superb is no cheaper than a tucson

Thanks for the comments. Not stuck on the SUV at all. My priority is space to fit 3 teens in the back when we’re all in it. Will check out the Skoda & Ateca too.

Thanks for the comments. Not stuck on the SUV at all. My priority is space to fit 3 teens in the back when we’re all in it. Will check out the Skoda & Ateca too.
There's more room in the back of a Mondeo than a Tucson.

And much more boot space too.
And, other than an individual preference for driving position, the Mondeo handles much better than an SUV (as do most saloon cars).
So, with an SUV you sit up higher.
With a saloon car you get more cabin space, more boot space, cheaper tyres, better handling, better fuel economy, a lower price, a smaller carbon footprint and often a better safety rating.

Unless you need the 4X4 function there is no reason to buy a 4X4.

There is some practicality to the taller load space of a 4x4 or 2wd cross-over as most of these are. If you regularly need to carry taller loads that won't fit in a saloon and don't want the length of an estate car, they can be a good compromise.

And, other than an individual preference for driving position, the Mondeo handles much better than an SUV (as do most saloon cars).
So, with an SUV you sit up higher.
With a saloon car you get more cabin space, more boot space, cheaper tyres, better handling, better fuel economy, a lower price, a smaller carbon footprint and often a better safety rating.

There is rarely reason to buy anything fancier than a Dacia Duster but most do

Suv crossovers are no more expensive than a saloon in most cases

Back