Any opinions on HP J4580 on sale at lidl

rheinie

Lidle have on sale next the hp j4580 printer for Euro 100.
How good a printer is it and is ok for use on home PC for
just the ordinary average print jobs , letters ,documents ,etc.
How does it compare with other printers in this price range.

It would be as good as any of those sort of printers. See thse reviews on Amazon :http://www.amazon.com/Officejet-J4580-All-One-Printer/dp/B0016NDCQ4

When the time comes, you may find it cheaper to buy a new printer than buy new ink.

As that's a HP OfficeJet, it contains a fax, and may be more expensive than you need. Like all low-end ink-jets it'll be fairly heavy on ink.

Something like a C4480 All-in-1 with no fax is about €15 - 20 cheaper.

In my experience the worst thing about HP printers is the monstrous, buggy, take-over-your-computer software that comes with it. As mentioned in a couple of the Amazon reviews linked to above, you might do better to just install the basic drivers rather than the whole suite of HP imaging/printing/online photo storage that comes on the CD.

In my experience the worst thing about HP printers is the monstrous, buggy, take-over-your-computer software that comes with it..
Which may be true for PCs but Macs come with the necessary printing software pre-installed as part of the OS without any need to use the bloat-ware on the CD.

Oh!! not very favourable comments so dare I ask for suggestions for a more
suitable printer in this price region. Any suggestions welcome.

The other day at Tesco's in Wexford I saw an HP all-in-one printer (incl scanner/photocopier) for €50. I nearly bought it as it's cheaper than replacing the cartridges on my present one! You couldn't go wrong at that price.

We got one the other day same price in Currys no bother so far. We looked at the tesco one but it was next to possible to find ink for that model for the same value. For the 4580 you can get 2xblack and 1 colour for €50.

Back