Any opinion on Mount Eagle Estate and Leopardstown Valley

summersun

is it plaqued with cars taking short cuts, any views of this estate appreciated, if there will be a leopardstown valley luas stop where do you think it will be, also where would glencairn stop be?

it had a problem with cars using mount eagle as a thru way until they closed the exit to the kilgobbin road recently so there is no through road at present.

as far as i know there will be a luas stop after the kilgobbin wood estate on the road to the dump. not sure where the leopardstown valley stop will be.

The luas stop that will be closest to the Mount Eagle estate is planned to be located on Murphystown Road near where the new roundabout is located on Murphystown Road. The road closure mentioned is a temporary closure and whilst it has reduced the throughput of cars in the estate it is a right pain for some of us as it cuts off the road we previously used to access kilgobbin road and local shops and take aways! However I do cycle there using that road that's closed to vehicles whereas previously I drove there - so it's a bit healthier.

Have rented here for over a year - really like the area, nice family quiet area. The main downside is no real facilities in walking distance (except a few local shops). Need to drive most places for restaurants, pubs, social life - and bus service almost non-existant. Not too bad if you want to go into town by Luas, but a bit of a walk home late at night in the dark. No taxis at the Luas.