any one know who did the tune 1996/97... "In the Jungle...the quiet jungle"

briancbyrne

any one know who did the tune 1996/97... "In the Jungle...the quiet jungle....the lion sleeps tonight".....

thanks folks

wasn't there an irish connection to the lead singer baltimora, which translates as' big balls'

Tight Fit were the early 80s culprits and I'm sure it's been done again since but it was originally a 60s hit, which itself was based on a 1930s African song.

wasn't there an irish connection to the lead singer baltimora, which translates as' big balls'

Baltimora was nothing to do with Tight Fit. I think the guys just looked similar. Tight Fit were dreadful. They had an even worse song called "Fantasy Island" . One of them was or is married to Pete Waterman, from what I recall.

Baltimora was a project fronted by Jimmy McShane from Londonderry. There was only one hit "Tarzan Boy", which was a hit in 1985. One hit wonder and Jimmy McShane died of Aids in 1995, I think.

I remember hearing a story about a local radio quiz in Liverpool where a female contestant was asked to name the group after they played a clip of that song.
She asked for a clue and the presenter said "Think of your husband's underpants"
So she said "The Dooleys.."

reminds me of the woman who rang up the request show and asked for "I've got you" by the Dooleys.

By the way the Op asked for the 1996/97 version of "in the Jungle" which is about 15 years too late for Tight Fit. Can't say I know the version myself but if you click on some of the links in the above posts you'll find NSYNC did the later version