Any know a good bed store

J

jpk

We are currently tearing our hair out trying to find a good bed shop/warehouse that has a good selection at good prices-everywhere we have been so far (harvey Norman,reid,diamond living etc.) have only small selections and we really don't want to compramise on this purchase.
We are in the Dublin/Kildare area but will travel anywhere at this stage to find the right place and if anyone has any suggestions we would be extremely grateful.

to be honest i think most bed will last these days..
unless u are looking for a really good bed and willing to pay for one.try the place opposite St.Stephen's green car park entrance, theres a lock smith shop at the corner, just at the end theres a really good bed store unnoticed by many people.but their bed can last 10-20 yrs.

What is your budget?
Clery's and Arnotts have a good selection, also Flanagans in Mount Merrion. These are all at the upper end of the market though.
It seems very hard to find reasonably priced beds that are good quality.
Argos has a huge selection and they are inexpensive but you take a risk that they will look cheap too.

If you are near Dublin 15, there's a shop called Cloud 9 in the Coolmine Industrial Estate

Like everyone we are looking for a balance between economy and comfort but we have found the selection to be shockingly limited.
I will probably get the beds for the spare room from argos as it will not be in full time use,and my little girl is only 13 weeks old so we will not need a bed for her room for a while yet,but I would really like to have a decent divan and mattress set for ourselves for E800 or less-is this a pipe dream or is there a furniture fairy out there who can wave her magic wand?

[broken link removed]

Seems to be a few there within your price range and Clery's is generally good quality.

When Choosing a Bed I believe it is worth investing in the mattress.

Go for a large a size as possible.
5ft at least for a couple.

Latest technology is Memory foam - which can feel a little different but does provide good comfort

My recommendation is for a combination mattress, traditional pocket springs with a memory foam top layer. You can get a sprung divan base to go with the mattress. this improves the life of the mattress but adds to the cost. Approx €1200 to €1500 for the above type bed.

The kids soon grow out of the theme beds, go for a good quality traditional bed, you can decorate it with duvets. But in a few years it can be used normally.

Many thanks for all the replys people-its very much apprieciated(spelling is not my strong point)-I have been looking at a site www.mattress.ie and the prices look good-has anyone had any experience of these guys?

I've bought two beds and two mattresses from this site recently - very pleased with the purchases - nice beds although one of the mattresses was a tad too firm.

We bought great bunkbeds in Just Beds in Dun Laoghaire (opposite where Iceland was) about 7 years ago. They are the sturdiest, plainest bunkbeds we could get - just as well with 3 young boys!!! Haven't been to the shop since then but was very impressed with the range they had then.

I second the Cloud 9 suggestion above... they are near Coolmine Fire Station (behind the Blanchardstown Centre).. no connection with them other than being a satisfied customer...

Cody's on Capel street, small shop so in-store selection to view is small but they have a catalogue. Dont go there much since the furniture they sell is so well put together and aluring it can lead to an expensive saturday.

As per previous posts, be selective and take your time getting a good matress. Best money you're ever gonna spend.

hi
i've found des kellys on the longmile road very good. bought solid oak bed and fantastic mattress. very reasonable for a solid oak bed that will last us years. they have a great selection of mattresses.
hope this helps!

After traveling most of the south + east we settled on a King size Harrison soft/soft from Classic Furniture in blanchestown retail park,they have a good selection in their bed department starts on one end @ €300 and ends at other end @ €3000

We 2 solid wood bedframes in Homeland in Bray. Also bought 2 memory foam matresses. Good qulaity stuff and a decent (but not big) selection.