Any good ski deals?

zohan

I’m looking to booking a last minute ski holiday in a few weeks time. I heard there are some good deals going with the slow down in business.
Any recommendations on resorts or good websites to look at? Austria would be the preferred choice. We’ve both skied a couple of times before but not in the last few years. Really looking for somewhere decent , not too expensive , where we can enjoy some good après. (going with the gf so not too wild!)

cheers for that tiger,
have you booked with them before? They have some good deals going alright. We had a nightmare with a tour operator a couple of years ago.
Thought we wouldnt get to go this year but we decided that need to get away from all the gloom. And we both decided skiing over sun if we can get a good deal.
Any recommendations on location / resort ??

Have gone with Directski a few times. I've found most of their accommodation to be pretty basic though and that is in their 3-4 * (snowflake not star apparently) category, so if that would bother you then check tripadvisor for hotel reviews before booking.

Have you thought of organizing your own ski trip. Ryanair have great deals now I go to Turin next week for 30 euro return and then on to the Milkyway an hour away direct train and then it's up to you how much you want to pay for hotel. My son is just back and he says that the ski hire shops are giving great prices as they say business is really down this year. I always do it this way and it costs alot less.

Would go along with Hans' suggestion about Turin and the Milky Way in that it's easy and cheap to get to. The 2 things I'd add though is that for aprés ski, you can't beat Austria. Was in Sauze d'Oulx (Milky Way) this year and wasn't impressed by the aprés ski (could have had something to do with the complete lack of Dutch who seem to be always up for a bit of craic). The other thing is if you book your hotel beforehand, the hotel may run a taxi service from the airport so check with them. We needed a bus, a train and finally a taxi to get to our hotel on the way out - only €15 but about 3-4 hours messing about. The hotel dropped us back to the airport - €30/person and 1 hour.

[FONT=&quot]Zakopane (Polish Carpathians) or Slovakian High Tatras - easy flight connections, inexpensive and reasonable level of service, new experience.
For well established skying traditions - Switzerland imo
Again, it is very easy to book the flights and accommodation yourself. One important thing would be to pick the right place if you go with kids
[/FONT]

you could do a week in Kildare for reasonable enough at the minute - plenty of snow!

Great snow everywhere in Europe right now. Go to Salzburg with Ryanair or AL, and you're close to lots of the best Austrian resorts. Lots of hotels will do a transfer for you, or use a taxi or even rent a car.

Back