Any feedback on priceline.com?

shaking

I'm looking to book a hotel in NY and was checking out this site, has anyone got any experience of it?

I've used them a number of times, priceline.com is my preferred (rathere than priceline.co.uk).
Use Betterbidding.com to give you a good idea of what hotels are in the areas you're interested in, it helps to check out before hand.
Last 2 trips to NY, got Hudson for about $100, and Wellington for about $97 (tax is on top).
If you want a little more info, try www.hotwire.com, you get a better idea of the facilities at the hotels, but they set the price. I got Millenium UN Plaza in NY for $125 using this site. EAch visit has been about 4-7 days duration.
I'd recommend it, but would suggest you read www.betterbidding.com to get a good idea of how best to use both priceline and hotwire.

We've saved a fortune on priceline.com for the US, UK, Turkey, France, Hong Kong.... Second the recommendation for betterbidding.com, it's been really useful.

To use the .com version you need to make your address look like a US address. If you're in Dublin, spell out the number part of the address eg Dublin Four as the address boxes won't take digits in some places. For state and zip I always just select California and put in 90210 and have never had a problem.

Mell61 & shesells can I ask how close to your departure date did you book the rooms? I'm going in 2 weeks time and my first few offers have been rejected, just wondering am I better to leave it to nearer to my departure date?

Some great deals can be got months in advance, others often less than a week. I usually book something cancellable either on a hotels own website or and keep trying priceline. Hotwire is a good indicator of what's out there, keep an eye on rates on there and undercut by about 20% when bidding on priceline. I also rely on thereyouare over on better bidding for advice of the the current trends.

Any city in particular?

got a 4 star in NY on broadway for $175 a night so I'm happy thanks for all the advice

i also got a 4 star in the Millenium Broadway for USD 175 per night + taxes.
Ver pleased. Times square area should be something else at night.

Back