Any difference in performance between using CPB & fitting 1" rigid with plasterboard?

apple1

Folks,

Any opinions welcome. TF erection just commenced this week, so focus now switching to insulation. Was looking at 100mm rigid between rafters with insulation backed plasterboard fitted beneath. This is quite pricey however, so I was wondering about the virtures of fitting sheets of 25mm rigid insulation beneath the rafters (tacked to rafters) & then fitting plasterboard over these. Works out much cheaper than the CPB but I appreciate there is extra labour (fitting twice instead of once). That issue aside though, is there likely to be any marked difference in performance if there is a good snug fit between plasterboard and insulation? Thanks in advance, apple1

Re: Any difference in performance between using CPB & fitting 1" rigid with plasterbo

Apple as a plasterer I intended to do my own loft conversion in this manner, theoretically I dont see there being a problem, though I was intending to use my own project as the guinea pig!

Re: Any difference in performance between using CPB & fitting 1" rigid with plasterbo

Over the years I've bought the boards and insulation separately and glued them in the workshop. Big saving!