any childcare facilities in Maynooth - for a baby 10months+ ?

paddyodoors

Hi

Can anyone tell me of any childcare facilities in Maynooth - for a baby 10months+

Am currently registered for a Giraffe Creche in town - but thinking the commute from Maynooth would be too much.

thanks
Paddy

Re: Creche in maynooth?

Can't help you on Maynooth creche - but for what it's worth - I would recommend you stick with a creche near home for another reason. If you are off work and want the child to still attend the creche ... you don't have to commute to drop/collect them.

Re: Creche in Maynooth?

Paddy

You should check out Maynooth Day Nursery (Ph 6290518). It's a well-established creche and is situated in Parklands.

Had my eldest there for 2 years and we were very happy with the service it provided.

If you ring, Mairead will give you all the details.

Good luck

Sim

Giraffe have a creche in Clane and there will be one in Celbridge by the end of the year.

HTH

Hi

thanks for the replies - spoke with the Maynooth Day nursery - they only take kids from 1year onwards, wo we would be stuck for a few months there.

Giraffe also state Leixlip on their website for 2008, but nr was engaged so not sure on which part of 2008,I think Celbridge and Clane our a bit far out.

Have seen one in Kilcock I think anyone know it?

We were looking to use from around Jan, when baby will be 8 months, could potentially stretch it a few more months if wife takes the full unpaid leave, but that will be tough on both our pockets and her sanity.

Paddy

Re: Creche in maynooth?

good point - initially was thinking that having next to work is best in case anything happens you can be there in a few minutes, whereas it could take an hour to get back if local.....

Hi Paddy

Just to let you know, the new Giraffe in Celbridge is actually located at the N4 business park (just off the HP and Intel Leixlip exit on the N4 near the Apple garage). It took me 5 minutes to drive from there to Maynooth when I timed it.

I think (hope) it is due to open in October this year as my son is booked in (he's currently in the Lucan one which was the closest at the time that we could get him into.) We are very happy with them.

Best of luck.

thanks NYC - I will check that out - be very handy to stay with Giraffe since they already have deposit and confirmed place in town - can move as soon as avaialble locally...

Just avoid 'Little Harvards" in Leixlip - €1m fine already and more to come.

The facts say it all - enough said.

Can you tell me more on this, as i have looked at Little Harvards & strongly considering it

This link might be useful --

Many creches do not take babies under 1 year (because ratio of children to staff is 3:1) whereas for 1-2 year olds the ratio is 1:5. Have you considered using a childminder?
Contact kildare county childcare committee for advice ... www.kildarechildcare.ie