Any bonanza beneficiaries out there?

Kev1964

What I mean is has anyone who is living in Ireland ……and paying PRSI here …..and has paid NICS for past years gaps …..and has then subsequently drawn down a New UK state pension?

I understand that when applying for the Irish state pension (in some cases a year earlier than the UK version) one is asked about foreign state pensions which are then factored in to one’s Irish state pension calculations.

From what I’ve learned social security contributions paid abroad may only help you qualify for an Irish state pension without actually enhancing it. Some posters on here have said they are not going to tell the Irish system that they have a foreign entitlement.

So I’m interested in hearing about some experiences from people living in Ireland who have successfully claimed both state pensions and whether they disclosed both entitlements with their Irish application and any consequences to that (in Ireland).

The second and bigger question is has anyone back paid NICS at class 2 rates and then what checks were carried out (if any) by the UK authorities that class 2 actually was appropriate and not class 3 for example?

In other words did they ask to check or verify your Irish employment history and or your PRSI statement before establishing your UK pension entitlement?

Last edited:
Back