Any advice on what to do with pregnant stray cat?

Really? Does he/she mind or are you very discreet?

BTW, I abhor cats so I won't give my predictably negative and watery suggestion to the OP's question in case it may cause offence or distress. Neutering sounds like a good idea though.

he doesnt mind at all, sure with all the happenings in Blarney village these days me loving near his practise is not high on his worry list!!!

he doesnt mind at all, sure with all the happenings in Blarney village these days me loving near his practise is not high on his worry list!!!

I used to keep my infrequent dalliances in the Castle estate, no vets or pregnant cats to disturb me there.

Hi, Just a quick update on this cat. I waited about a week after I posted this and there was no signs of any kittens and she was getting braver and braver with me. So I booked her into the vet, he assessed her and she wasnt pregnant so they neutered her. She is now my cat, spoiled complete. My other half calsl her the Furry Fuerer (is that spelt right), herself and the tom and the best of friends nad the worst of enemies so a very happy outcome after all. I have promised not to feed any more stray cats.

Was she feral before you took her in?

I brought our one to the vet and had her neutered in 2005 and we still feed her now but no way will she come into the house. Only stays in the shed long enough to get fed and keeps a careful eye on the open door.

Another very hungry stray appeared some months ago and I took her to the DSPCA.

hehe, that's great news - we were also adopted by our tomcat, he appeared on our doorsteps last February /one of the strays I was feeding was taking care of him and brought him to us, he had to have been dumped by someone/ and he was totally affectionate and just wanted to cuddle and stay with me ... well, i actually took him to the vet and he was supposed to go to catsaid for rehoming /they never put cats to sleep/ but, of course, me the weakling called them the next day and told them i'm adopting him ... our rowdy is now the most spoilt cat ever, loves roaming the fields and then catching up on his beauty sleep on our bed ...

Hi Sue Ellen, no she wasnt feral, nervous but she always would come to you if you just stayed still and called her gently. She is a lovely looking cat, as in she looks like a calico persian, well half persian as she isnt as long haired. I definitely think she was someones pet but I made an effort to find them and there were no takers so she is wel and truely ours now.
You are very good for feeding the few strays. There is a woman who works for the Cork ACS who goes out and feeds feral cats EVERY night, she is a wonderful person for that. She gets terrible abuse though from people, as the majority of people in the world seem to detest cats,.

haminka1 thats a great success story. is rowdy his name? Its brilliant!

haminka1 thats a great success story. is rowdy his name? Its brilliant!

yep, rowdy is his name and i always keep stressing, it's not ironic he was rather timid and small when we adopted him, the vet told us he must be around 1.5 years old but he looked like a small kitten, really. then he started growing and now he is over 10 pounds of muscle, he is a great jumper. also rather playful but really very very sweet, sometimes /like when he wakes us up at 4 am because he wants some company for a play we don't know whether to strangle him or love him but we got used to his antics. when you wake him up from his sleep, he'd come to you, cuddle on your lap and starts purring and then falls asleep there. his favourite hobbies are drinking water from the water tap, tormenting my crocs by sharping his claws inside /this is actually the strategy he uses to wake me up/ and jumping on wardrobes around the house. he is very attached to us and we believe it's a result of being dumped by someone who he must have loved. overall, he is a very lovable cat and yeah, despite all the mess he creates from time to time we love him to bits.

Really? Does he/she mind or are you very discreet?

BTW, I abhor cats so I won't give my predictably negative and watery suggestion to the OP's question in case it may cause offence or distress.
So your a goalkeepers hurley and bin bag man then?

Well he sounds like a lovely cat I must say. He sounds big as well. My cats are giant, my partner says they are fat but they are just big boned.

My tom cat is completely aloof, if i go to rub his back he practically inverts it. She on the other hand is a company junkie. I literally cant stay in one place for more than 10 seconds and she is on my lap, climbing up my leg to be held which is lovely, i admit a tad annoying at times though. She walked through my shepherds pie on my lap last night, just literally took a walk across me while I was sitting on the couch with plate on my lap!!

JJ1982, I could talk for hours about Rowdy's antics, he's a real mischief master I wish you good luck with both your cats, I always considered myself a dog person but since Rowdy I came to appreciate their independence, persistence and ability to learn everything they aren't supposed to.