Any AAMer's been to Argentina?

shaking

I'm planning on going to Argentina in November for 10 days and am researching where to go and what to do.

Would love to hear from anyone who's been there and what you think are the must do's.

Thanks!

Argentina is amazing and you will love it... but I think you might be quite tight on time with 10 days... It is a huge country and you will be pushed to see everything... We spent two weeks and I would advise taking 3 weeks.
Re places to go... Buenoes Aires is a fab city - we stayed in a lovely hotel in Palermo (Home Hotel) -
El Calafate to see the glaciers which are truly amazing.
Tierra del Fuego is at the very southern tip - we didnt' have time to go there though.
Up North to see the Iguazzu Falls - if you can, stay at the Sheraton which looks out on the falls, well worth it.
Mendoza, the wine region is fab also - the relaxing part of the holiday and the wine trips are great - we stayed in an amazing if expensive place there http://www.cavaswinelodge.com/
All flights run through Buenos Aires - so you can't fly direct from El Calafate to MEndoza you have to go back to BA. Internal flights are booked through Aerolineas - book before you leave.

was in sth america last sept for 3 weeks, 8 days of which we were in argentina. was 4 nights in BA, 3 in El Calafate/El Chalten and 1 night in Iguazu.
Was'nt mad on BA, not the city I imagined it would be. So I wish I'd spent less time there and more in Calafate and especially El Chalten which has some amazing national parks and walks. The glaciers down there are spectacular. We were there in mid -sept which was the end of winter- weather was cold but easy to walk in and there was so few people about, we had whole parks to ourselves.
Iguazu I'd give a miss to, unless your really into waterfalls. It's a long way from anywhere and while the falls are spectacular, there are so many tourists there

Back