Any 2fm listeners?

ney001

Just wondering for those who listen to 2fm in the mornings what do you make of the new show Colm & Lucy?.

Personally can't stand it and am currently on the look out for something else to listen to while they are standing in. Could never stand Hayes - always like the sound of his own voice too much. Kennedy works on TV I think but not radio - at least not talk show radio - the show seems like it's all over the place and very juvenile!.

Anyway, looking for suggestions for morning listening now - I tune in to Tubridy on RTE 1 a few times a week but don't like Kenny. Any good stations/shows out there from 9-1??

Listening to it now just to sample it and to be honest I agree with you. Pretty dire stuff.

Lucy is a bit of a pain. It was cringing when she cheered and said "Good on you" to the guy who spent £200,000 of money that wasn't his (deposited accidently in his account). He had already said it had ruined his life and then proceeded to say how much damage his stupidity had caused.

Will not be tuning in tomorrow.

There is a real lack of good shows on Irish radio in the morning. Can't stand D'Arcy or Turdidy. Might check out Tom Dunne.

Could never stand Colim and Jim Jim or Lucy K,

If you're online, try a few podcast from the BBC, www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts. Also BBC Radio 6 is good for music and BBC Radio 7 is good for drama/comedy. Currently listening to Garrison Keillor on an old Prairie Home Companion on BBC 7 as I type.

I know, will they ever stop flogging the dead horse that is Lucy Kennedy?

I recently moved to Lyric in the morning due to the rubbish thats on Today Fm et al. The only problem is it puts me back to sleep :D

the Tom Dunne show on Newstalk is great. He plays a bit of music, has lots of guests and a few callers.
I love it

Whatever they put on with Gerry gone was always going to be problematic. Radio 2 is rubbish anyway.

I am also seeking an alternative radio station. The pair Colum and Lucy is absolutely terrible. Don't think they will last long - ad revenue will go down swiftly. Have tried so many - all dire. Gosh never realised local radio stations were still amateur. Think I will just play a few CD's

Have never had the 'pleasure' of hearing Colm Hayes, and I cannot abide Lucy Kennedy, a very poor combination, I imagine!

Heard them the other morning and had to switch over when I heard Lucy's fake laugh. They are only on for a month until they find someone. I think they should move Turbidy to 2fm until 11, followed by Larry Gogan until 1pm. Then bring back Marion to radio 1 from 9 to 11. Pat from 11 until the news at one.

I'm getting sick of all the switching around. I was quite happy listening to Tubridy on 2fm on the morning show before he switched to rte1, he was replaced by Colm and Jim Jim who it has to be said are probably the unfunniest pairing since the two Ronnies!. I quite like Rick O'Shea in the afternoon on 2fm so always listen to him and he plays decent music so just need something to get me from 8 to 12. Jeeze, maybe oldtimer is right, just break out the CDs!. I'd like to see Tubridy take Gerry's spot or even Evelyn O'Rourke who isn't too bad at all. Just please god don't be that Looney wan - can't abide her either!

Will give Tom Dunne a go next week.

For those who can get it, try 4FM - music isn't bad, and none of the presenters shout at the audience (well, none I've heard anyway!).

For those who can get it, try 4FM - music isn't bad, and none of the presenters shout at the audience (well, none I've heard anyway!).

+1 for 4FM. Nearly always play some classics that aren't played on other stations. WIde variety of music.

Can't stand the 9am show anymore too. Tom Dunne is ok for a few mins! But will probably switch to BBC Radio 2, or if need be 5 Live.

Its just past 9:15 again and had to switch off from D'Arcy again.

Talking about oral sex again, he is obsessed with sex, and surely 9am isn't the time for that chat. Its not that I'm a prude but what is it with him and sex. He chats about it a lot and always seems to be it in a giggly schoolboy type of way.

I suppose he thinks he's a radical DJ who's pushing the boundaries of radio, eh?:rolleyes:

Idiot of the highest order. Perhaps he should spend more time learning how to read properly. I have never heard a DJ as bad at reading out texts or messages. You can always tell when he comes to the end of the screen/page and has to switch down on to the next line. And .. there. .. is ... always .. gaps.. between... words.

Its just past 9:15 again and had to switch off from D'Arcy again.

Talking about oral sex again, he is obsessed with sex, and surely 9am isn't the time for that chat. Its not that I'm a prude but what is it with him and sex. He chats about it a lot and always seems to be it in a giggly schoolboy type of way.

I suppose he thinks he's a radical DJ who's pushing the boundaries of radio, eh?:rolleyes:

Idiot of the highest order. Perhaps he should spend more time learning how to read properly. I have never heard a DJ as bad at reading out texts or messages. You can always tell when he comes to the end of the screen/page and has to switch down on to the next line. And .. there. .. is ... always .. gaps.. between... words.
+1

Also the amount of foul language he gets away with using is disgraceful as well. I heard cr*p, bull****, and pr*ck in the space of 5 minutes last week (I wasn't listening through choice, it was on in a waiting room.)

How can he get away with it?

The language thing has crept in over the last decade or so all over Irish radio. An acceptance or tolerance is now the norm it seems. It doesn't bother me but it's just a bit unnecessary and rebelliousness for the sake of it sometimes.

RMCF why do you keep listening to D'arcy (even if it is just for 15 mins)? I tuned out a couple of years back as feel just the same as you so I just listen to my own collection these days and am much happier for it!

Back