Any "24" fans here?

Caveat

We followed the first two or three seasons and then lost interest a bit - overdosed on it I suppose. Now once again, we are hooked on the current (7th?) season on Sky1. Overblown, ridiculous but great compelling viewing IMO.

Any fans have any recommendations for the previous few seasons?

Might consider a box-set - do any seasons stand out or are there any to avoid?

I enjoyed them all. Have them all on box set. It's great 'no-brainer' TV. You can veg out on the sofa with a blankie and watch 24 without having to think about it very much. Great to watch with a hangover!

I'm a passer by kinda watcher.. if nothing else is on, I'll watch it. Keifer is a hunk..

i only watch the boxsets cause i'm useless at keeping regular checks on weekly shows i like. They will all keep you entertained and if you fancy a marathon session you can rent the boxset for €6 per weekend or €10 for 1 week from xtravision, you would hardly fir it into a weekend though. Still waiting for season7 dvd.

Seasons 5 and 6 were good, I lost interest half-way through season 2 and missed season 3 altogether. Can't remember season 4!

I'm enjoying the latest one!

OK thanks all - seemingly all agree that the last few were worth watching anyway.

The current one must be nearly over at this stage - what 'time' did it start at because I think it's up to 9PM at this stage?

Season 1 was great. 2 was ok. 3,4,5 were watchable. 6 I thought was dire rubbish. (I have all boxsets bar 6, all worth it especially if you get a bargain). Seems back on track with 7 thankfully. Plenty left in 7...started at 8am!!
Heroes on the other hand went seriously off track in season 2, but is picking itself up again!

OK thanks all - seemingly all agree that the last few were worth watching anyway.

The current one must be nearly over at this stage - what 'time' did it start at because I think it's up to 9PM at this stage?

I think it started at 8am, so about half-way through. RTE will be showing it soon if you want to catch up (no doubt at 2am like they usually do!!).

If you're interested in buying the box sets, check out GameStop's 2nd hand collection. I spotted a few 24s in GameStop in Drogheda recently (can't remember which seasons though), selling at €19.99 each or 2 for €30.

If you're interested in buying the box sets, check out GameStop's 2nd hand collection. I spotted a few 24s in GameStop in Drogheda recently (can't remember which seasons though), selling at €19.99 each or 2 for €30.

Cheers for that - sounds good - not too far from me either.

Nothing constructive or informative to add to this thread other than the fact that we've recorded Monday's two episodes and are going to watch them tonight with Asian take-away and wine and I CAN'T WAIT. Woo hoo. Favourite TV programme by a mile. (Always record 24 as Monday is not a good night to be having take-away and wine!)

...and don't forget Liam: double woohoo as it was a double bill on Monday!! (Edit: oh sorry - you did mention that )

never watched it on TV but my wife and I spent a couple of weekends (in the days before we had kids) watching a couple of seasons on DVD. Tired of them as they were the same format, There always is a mole with a sensitive position in the firm etc.