Ants..........

Brynick

Hi everyone,
Over the last few days, our hall and kitchen have been "overtaken" by ants. Has anyone got any ideas on how to get rid of them, or why all of a sudden they have appeared. Would it have something to do with the weather?
All help appreciated.

Thanks

If you have a bagless vacum cleaner (like a dyson) put some ant killer powder into the drum and hoover them all up, and leave some powder down around where they are coming out. We did this before in our utility room - took a few goes over a couple of days to get them all but it worked in the end.

I had an infestation in my house a few years ago. The only thing is ant powder. The ants bring the powder back to the nest with them which in turn kills the queen. My garden is full of them this year but so far they haven't come in to the house. Lace the powder all around your walls wherever you have the problem. You could even put it around your outside walls and doors to prevent them getting in again. It could take a week but it works.

I don't have the facts but I recall hearing lately that Ant Powder is lethal & should npt be used when kids are around. So I would be cautious about using it with a vacuum etc...

ninsaga

ANT BITE TREATMENT
Thankfully we haven't had ants inside the house but there are some in the garden. I can't help with advice of how to get rid of them but I would be interested to know if anyone has a cure or treatment for ant bites. Those suckers hurt!

Back