Ants in the kitchen!

C

cponk

Just saw an ant scurrying across my kitchen counter. Aaah!!! Had them outside my patio door last summer too. I tried growing mint and spreading the leaves across the doorway - the ants loved them! Anybody have any proven natural methods for evicting them, for good? Would rather not use toxins if I can because I have three young children and a guinea pig. :eek:

Electronic Plug In devices which emit ultrasonic pest repeller ultrasonic signals that Drive Away Pests (Including Mice Rats Spiders & Ants) work perfectly in my experience and its non toxic!

However upon reflection, Im not sure what your guinea pig would think of them :eek: . Whether you annoy your Guinea Pig it depends how close your guinea pig is to the plugin

Last edited by a moderator:
I poured honey onto a piece of paper, and the next morning when I inspected it, it was covered in ants eating the honey.

I was going to trap them and put them somewhere else, but as soon as I tried covering the paper with a container, all the ants ran away.

Maybe you could try perfecting this plan?

Might trap a few other critters with the honey. I've heard of electronic device working for mice - didn't realise you could also use it for mice. Might try that one!

More than likely there are millions of them under your patio if it was laid with fine sand, This post will be deleted if not edited immediately I hate patio slabs, I lifted mine years ago and every ant in Ireland was under there I thought I got them all but I know a few flew, yes flew away I had to lift every slab in the place and that was a lot of slabs, god there were billions of them under the slabs all due to been laid on fine sand, That is why pea gravel is supposed to be used with slabs, It stops them from building roadways as it always fall in, with fine sand they will have duel carriageways, motorways,bridges the lot built, I also believe under the slab is nice and warm a great nest area A water can and DDT or sheep dip is the answer.

that is the BEST explanation i have ever heard for my ant problem. Only get ants maybe once a year for a week or two (when weather changes). We usually use a liquid ant killer at any cracks/entry points.

We do have a patio next to the back door where all ants come from - i didnt lay it but i bet if i took it up the previous poster would be dead on.

Back