Another 'Would we get approval.'

glossy

Looking to get a feel for our application. Thanks in advance for looking.

Joint application, FTB
4 bedroom house
Purchase price €243000
Mortgage €216400
based deposit of 10% of the first 220,000. 20% of the rest
35 years
Joint income €75k

In summation of the below we have €33k sitting in our account

We has saved up €13k over the last 28 months.
We have €20k gift from family been sitting in my account for a year

regular savings of 300€ pm month for the last 6 months. Everything else is just was dumped in adhoc. (We realise a mistake)

Our savings were higher but we got engaged and went to vegas so there has been a dip of €1k-€2k net over the last 5 months. i.e we had about €35k last December and now have €33k (Big one off expenses obviously)

Age of Applicants?
Both 27

Employment situation. Public sector/Private sector/Self employed/Contract.
Both full-time

How long are you in current position and are you permanent.
Party A - 3 years
Party B - 6 months (just finished probation BOI adviser advised not an issue because of the company involved, hope its true)

Have you any children.
No children

Have you any court orders or Judgements.
No

Have you any other loans and if so full details of amount/period/% rate and repayment
amounts.
No.

Cr. Card situation. Full disclosure.
Yes just got one for vegas. Set up to be paid in full by DD. 800 left because of the timing of the bill it came out in two parts.

Have any of your existing loan or credit card monthly repayments been paid late over the past twelve months, even if you made the repayment in full a few days later? If so, how many times in the past twelve months?
No

Any previous negative Cr. history by either applicant.
No

Are your savings and rent clearly visible and identified as such in your bank accounts each month
Yes. 700pm

Have you gone over your overdraft limit in the past six months, even if only for a day or two? If so, how many times in the past six months?
No

If you have been refused a mortgage please give exact reason of why and address why you think you should not have been.
No

Did you use a Mortgage broker or are you applying directly?.
Directly with BOI

Any other relevant information.

Have you checked your ICB record to make sure it's clean?*
No

Which bank(s) have you applied to?
BOI

Last edited:
Your big issue is the ability to repay. A mortgage of €216,400 will have repayments of c. €1,300 a month. You have to show that you are able to repay this amount through savings, rent or discontinuing a loan. You have said you have rent and savings of €700 pm.

Steven
http://www.bluewaterfp.ie (www.bluewaterfp.ie)

The OP also mentioned regular savings of €300 per month. But that still leaves you short €300 a month, and that's without stress testing interest rate increases. Added to that the fact that you failed to pay off the credit card in full from your savings and are thus paying interest that you could have avoided may make your application a little trickier.

The credit card was simply down to the date the statements are issued. I set it up to pay each months statement in full by DD. I hope I don't get caught for interest. The card was only got for security and peace of mind abroad. Credit card will be cleared on the current statement cycle.

Yes that's correct we have €300 in regular savings, €700 rent pm. My better half has been saving but no structure to it. Just puts money in when she has it. She estimates +€3000 in 6 months.

Would big one off spends go against us? e.g Engagement ring, Hotel Deposit. (Also a Holiday). I guess we had a big enough deposit 6 months ago but we were waiting on my partner to pass her probation. The big spends haven't eaten our deposit but caused the saving the really slow.

So to add to this. I just got an approval for a house hunters mortgage of 220,000 that we applied for last week before we found this house. We have reapplied for 243,000. Mortgage advise wasn't as confident as before.

Where are you getting a repayment of €1,300.00 a month on a mortgage of €216,400 from ?????