Another 'Head Shop' nearly up in flames

Fire small and minor damage though? If drug lords I'm sure they would have done a more thorough job.

Disgruntled header of a punter more likely - highly miffed at the quality of his 'high'

I saw it this morning. There is not much damage to the building, but the shop it's self and contents look fairly destroyed.

Maybe Drug Lord was a little OTT. But i do think the local dealers will play their part. If their 'sales' are being hit hard they wont take it lying down.

There is one on Georges street now open 24 hours..

I suspect that the fact that the government may/will be closing all of these shops soon may have something to do with the fires.

I would have thought that drug dealers would see head shops as a good way of investing their money and basically escaping cab. I wouldn't think any low level guys would have it in them to go to any great length to eliminate opposition.
If it was anyone it could be one of Joe duffys disgruntled listeners.

Must say, I smiled when I heard about the latest one being targeted - obviously someone's not very happy with them :D

I read that the Real IRA have issued death threats to the owners of such shops and one in Derry was shot a few weeks ago. Perhaps this is part of it

I suspect that the fact that the government may/will be closing all of these shops soon may have something to do with the fires.
Hadn't thought of that, it goes right to the no.1 spot on my conspiracy list.

Maybe not in this case. Looks like the head shops were taking business from the Drug dealers.

Maybe not in this case. Looks like the head shops were taking business from the Drug dealers.

I find that very hard to believe.

Whilst there are obviously safety and quality issues with buying street drugs, there is nothing in any head shop that will come anywhere near the desired affect provided by street heroin, cocaine, amphetamine or even spamspamspam.

There are safety issues with the the products sold in the head shops too anyway.

I find that very hard to believe.

Whilst there are obviously safety and quality issues with buying street drugs, there is nothing in any head shop that will come anywhere near the desired affect provided by street heroin, cocaine, amphetamine or even spamspamspam.

There are safety issues with the the products sold in the head shops too anyway.

Disagree. I personally know 2 'smokers', who used to buy from dodgy street dealers (hash), who now only buy the legal 'smoke' from head shops and claim the effect is just as good. Not only that but they claim that sometimes the quality of the street stuff was questionable depending on what it was cut with, but they know the 'smoke' is consistent quality.

Perhaps for the hardened junkie the street effects cannot be matched, but I would think for the occasional user, or kids just wanting to try something out to get a high - the head shop stuff is probably fine.

Have you tried any of these legal highs? - I'd advise you not to BTW.
BZP, for example, is far more powerful than many types of spamspamspam. (Although BZP is now banned)

Even huffing aerosols is often lethal.

Just read this:
http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/...ban-some-substances-in-head-shops-447653.html
This will just make it worse. New drugs will be invented, maybe with worse side effects.

BZP, for example, is far more powerful than many types of spamspamspam.

Indeed. And speedballs are probably a good deal more potent than a dry sherry.

Apples and oranges. BZP is not supposed to be like spamspamspam.

Maybe I'm not up to speed (ho ho) on the stuff currently available in head shops but I tried some of the legal smoke stuff a few years ago and it was worse than useless. I know people who have tried some of the other stuff and said it was a waste of money.

Back