Another BT broadband query

anatasha

I finally got my BT modem over 3 weeks ago.Have tried to set up the broadband.DSL connection is successful but i cannot connect to the internet.I have gotten a new password and username ,am putting @btbb at the end of the username etc have also discontinued my monitored alarm ...to no avail.
i try ringing their technical support but cant get through and haven't gotten a call back...
The above is a short story...the efforts to get BT to provide me with the service started almost 3 months ago!
Does any one have any suggestions as to what else i can try
Thanks

Maybe you've tried this already.Go to tools>internet options>connections tab,then press the LAN settings button.Tick the box for automatically detect settings,then press OK.Close explorer and run the installation disc that came with the modem.Sometimes old ways are best! I don't hold out much hope but it's worth a bash.

I had the same problem.I was putting in the wrong username!!The username you set yourself up with is not the same as the one you use to connect to the internet when first setting yourself up....I had to go ring their tech support to find out the 'new' username.Tad bit of hassle but what works smoothly in this country these days!?!...I never heard the username had changed..
I'd leave your number with them to call you back first thing tomorrow and hopefully they'll sort it out for you...